God hitting is horrible lately

SDS

Took some time off because the game was really making me mad. Came back and my first ranked game I have Awards Mike Trout get a 14 PCI on a high fastball with Good timing. Ends up being a lazy flyball witha 91 MPH Exit velo. How TF does that happen ? Really, someone please tell me

SDS

Have you tried uninstalling?

SDS

@Jeviduty said in God hitting is horrible lately:

Have you tried uninstalling?

Jesus.... I just might LOL.

SDS

Sheffiled Just had a 13 PCI with Good timing and it had an 86 MPH velo

SDS

It's turning into line out and warning track city again. Giving me 19' flashbacks. That said, I've had a lot of fun this year and have gotten more than my money's worth.

Interested to see where next-gen takes this game and if SDS stops doing p2p servers for better/more stable online play, but I'm not holding my breath.

SDS

Hitting sucks. Or maybe I just do.

SDS

@ScaryLarito said in God hitting is horrible lately:

It's turning into line out and warning track city again. Giving me 19' flashbacks. That said, I've had a lot of fun this year and have gotten more than my money's worth.

I've noticed this too, but I play against CPU so my experience might be different. Though I HAVE noticed fly balls and line drives making a little arc into the fielder's glove, if the ball trail is to be believed. In those situations, is it just an out anyway and the game is correcting itself?

SDS

Meanwhile because I got out to an early lead the guy I'm playing who is hitting sub .250 with his entire team just hit a Monster 473 footers on 13 PCI and Early timing. GG SDS

SDS

And now he ties it up with a 12 PCI HR

SDS

Perfect / Perfect lineout for me.... Of course

SDS

Look, I’m not saying the game isn’t playing horribly right now, but you are the only person on here that pays any sort of attention to those PCI ratings. They have been innaccurate for years

SDS

@the_dragon1912 said in God hitting is horrible lately:

Look, I’m not saying the game isn’t playing horribly right now, but you are the only person on here that pays any sort of attention to those PCI ratings. They have been innaccurate for years

I probably do take too much stock into it. But when you know you're on it and they give you the tools to look at the feedback... well I'm gonna look.

SDS

ive had good swing timing on the edge of pci bubble or just inside it and be a complete swing and miss with high diamonds.. this wasnt an issue for me until about a few weeks ago

SDS

@the_dragon1912 said in God hitting is horrible lately:

This guy said it right. For Lord sake....

SDS

You know what I've noticed? And I'm not saying this also applies to your experiences and this is what happened, but it might. I've noticed that if you're on the "later part" of good timing, you get a huge penalty in exit velocity. So when you look at the meter in the feedback after your swing, it's still in the green section (and therefor reads "good timing"), but it's just to the right of the center, indicating you were just a tad late for perfect timing. Exit velocities drop like crazy in that situation in my experience.

And that's counterintuitive. I mean, it still read good timing. If you're just late or flat out late, I'd get it. A drop in exit velo is normal in that case. But if you swing and the timing meter shows you're just on the early side of good (slightly left from the center), the ball is absolutely murdered. Also when you hit the yellow and it reads "just early", you still consistently get higher exit velocities than when you're on the "later side of good timing", or just a tad right from center.

SDS

I agree that it is not fun to lose a game due not being able to correctly time a high-in fb, or sharp breaking ball, due to horrible latency.