Can't Succeed With Cobb??

SDS

I'm hanging my head in shame as I admit that I just can't hit with him. Or rather, the game won't flipping let me. I go to Coors to mop the floor with the Rockies CPU, and the Georgia Peach can only manage two singles, two flyouts, and a strikeout looking. I have him first in my lineup, but so far he seems to want to be batting 8th.

Just wth am I doing wrong here?? I'm usually patient and I don't swing at the first pitch unless it looks really good. Even if I make good contact, I still can't manage a hit. The ball just flipping dies. And it's not because of Coors' altitude, I can't do well in Comerica, either. I feel like the game is trying to cheat me at every turn.

Is there something wrong with my hitting? Or is the game screwing me over (again)?

SDS

Some people’s timing don’t work with some hitters. I’m bad with him. Wanted to love him. I think it’s lack of power. Doesn’t quite get over enough heads at the angles I hit them at.

Back to Larry Walker, why did I ever doubt thee?

SDS

@rAtbAby407 said in Can't Succeed With Cobb??:

Some people’s timing don’t work with some hitters. I’m bad with him. Wanted to love him. I think it’s lack of power. Doesn’t quite get over enough heads at the angles I hit them at.

I think it's my timing and where the pitch is at. I just can't wrap my head around where in the zone he's best at hitting. And I'm not sure whether he's better at hitting fastballs or offspeed/breaking pitches.

SDS

Zone or directional? I use zone and feel as though he is my most consistent hitter. I also dont press if hes not hitting for power as he is an immediate threat once on the base paths.

SDS

Hey Docs Wife.......He's hitting .400. What is wrong with that? Or is that only one game in Colorado? I hit tanks with him in the Showdown.

SDS

@formallyforearms said in Can't Succeed With Cobb??:

Zone or directional? I use zone and feel as though he is my most consistent hitter. I also dont press if hes not hitting for power as he is an immediate threat once on the base paths.

Zone.

SDS

@TEXAS10PT said in Can't Succeed With Cobb??:

Hey Docs Wife.......He's hitting .400. What is wrong with that? Or is that only one game in Colorado? I hit tanks with him in the Showdown.

That's just one game in Colorado. I haven't been hitting well with him in other parks, either.

SDS

@The_DoctorsWife said in Can't Succeed With Cobb??:

@TEXAS10PT said in Can't Succeed With Cobb??:

That's just one game in Colorado. I haven't been hitting well with him in other parks, either.

I was like that with Mantle for the longest time then one day it clicked. I’m sure he will come around for you

SDS

I can’t hit with tatis, but I can hit with trea turner. I struggle with mantle but hit well with Lou Brock. Last year I couldn’t hit well with George bretts card, this year I’m hitting we with him.

SDS

This is really messed up. I can get hits EASILY with Kenny Lofton, but I can't do a thing with Cobb. Lofton will get lasers to the outfield every time, but all Cobb does is fly out or hit the pitcher (who then picks up the ball and throws him out). Just wth?

SDS

I was really struggling with Cobb, (and in general), but he's starting to turn it around. Hit a two-run bomb in my WS play in-game, average up to .324 for him.

SDS

You're not alone, I'm hitting .056 with Cobb so far, but I keep running him out there hoping it will click soon.

SDS

I wouldnt sweat it. The issue isn't with you but with the programmers and programming. They broke, with intent, batting after the first week and have failed (epically) to get it back to even remotely where it was. Something about "Good/Okay" that they thought would be for the best in order to simulate real baseball. They thought wrong.