Rivera or Dibble?

SDS

If you could only have one????

SDS

They’re both good, I’d probably take Dibble myself, because he’s been lights outs for the most part, whereas Mariano has blown a couple of saves lately for me. That could be causing some bias on my part though and Rivera obviously has 5 pitches and you can prestige him. He looks the best option on paper and probably is, but I’m still uncertain on if I should lock him in and prestige him or take the 200k and move on to other relievers. The main issue for me is there’s nobody I want to buy, so the stubs are pretty useless at this point.

SDS

@ComebackLogic said in Rivera or Dibble?:

They’re both good, I’d probably take Dibble myself, because he’s been lights outs for the most part, whereas Mariano has blown a couple of saves lately for me. That could be causing some bias on my part though and Rivera obviously has 5 pitches and you can prestige him. He looks the best option on paper and probably is, but I’m still uncertain on if I should lock him in and prestige him or take the 200k and move on to other relievers. The main issue for me is there’s nobody I want to buy, so the stubs are pretty useless at this point.

Ty

SDS

That’s cool man, I was just thinking on this a little more actually. Dibble has a tendency to throw accidental dots to the opposite side of the plate to where I’m aiming at least once an outing. This usually works though as they wind up spotting the corner I wasn’t aiming for. He’s pretty tough to hit.
With Mo, because his cutter and slider both tend to break into lefties, people will set their PCI inside with a LHB, or look away with a RHB. If you can mix in the fastball and sinker and try not to give into the temptation of pounding the same half of the plate, I think he’d be more effective. I know whenever I see Rivera I tend to to cheat slightly towards that cutter/slider side of the plate myself.

SDS

Dibble has a long windup while Rivera is pretty quick to the plate. Don't know if that matters to you

SDS

Dibble has been heads and shoulders above Rivera.

SDS

Problem with Dibble is he straight gas. His slider and cutter are too similar to respect and his fastball is very hittable if you’re able to recognize it coming out of his hand. Moe on the other hand has the intangibles that Dibble doesn’t have like a bigger pitch repertoire. Lots of people have problems pitching with Moe because they don’t mix up his pitches and think they can get good hitters out spamming high cutters. This is false logic and you will pay the price of you try this method with good players. High cutters flatten out and move much less than a nicely place cutter at the knees running away from the Strikezone.

SDS

I’ve had Dibble since the day he was released. Still an ERA under 1.50 in over 100 IP. Other than BR Wagner, best in my pen.

Mo has been good as well, but nowhere near Dibble. ERA just under 3 with far fewer strikeouts.

SDS

@Bob_Loblaw1984 said in Rivera or Dibble?:

I’ve had Dibble since the day he was released. Still an ERA under 1.50 in over 100 IP. Other than BR Wagner, best in my pen.

Mo has been good as well, but nowhere near Dibble. ERA just under 3 with far fewer strikeouts.

I’m just making an observation based on my results. I see Dibble real well. You’re not getting that fastball by me if it’s in the zone. And like I said his offspeed stuff is too similar to respect. 90 mph cutter and 90 mph slider. And those pitches come out of his hand at a different angle than his fastball. I can hit Moe too but his pitch repertoire is much more diverse.

SDS

OP needs to bless his bullpen and simply get both.

SDS

@KILLERPRESENCE4 said in Rivera or Dibble?:

@Bob_Loblaw1984 said in Rivera or Dibble?:

I’m just making an observation based on my results. I see Dibble real well. You’re not getting that fastball by me if it’s in the zone. And like I said his offspeed stuff is too similar to respect. 90 mph cutter and 90 mph slider. And those pitches come out of his hand at a different angle than his fastball. I can hit Moe too but his pitch repertoire is much more diverse.

Different people pick up different pitchers more easily, for sure. Dibble’s slider is actually 83. I throw it often. Even good players get caught way ahead and just wave at it if mixed appropriately.

SDS

I don't have Rivera. But hes probably better than Dibble. Dibble is lights out if your opponent has trouble with FB, but the cutter is unusable and the slider hangs some times. Hes good but I imagine Rivera could be much better if you use him well