Whichever dev came up with this event should be fired.

SDS

Title says it all. I couldn't think of a worse way to use all the great cards we've grinded for in late September.

SDS

I don’t think a device can be fired. Maybe lot on fire

Lol caught it before edit. Just yanking your chain

SDS

I can think of many many reasons why the whole dev team should be sacked, but I couldn't care less about this useless and meaningless event.

SDS

@raesONE said in Whichever dev came up with this event should be fired.:

I can think of many many reasons why the whole dev team should be sacked, but I couldn't care less about this useless and meaningless event.

I’ve not played any of the events this year. Well, I’ve played a few event games, but I’ve not bothered to hit any cumulative targets or anything. It’s partly because the rewards were too weak, partly because I have less time this year and prefer to focus on RS (baseball is a 9 inning game, not 3 or 6 with nerfed pitcher stamina), but mostly because I hate the stupid settings. Same reason I can’t stomach BR. 3 inning games with super juiced offense at Shippet make me sick. I hate the way this game makes everything about who can hit the most home runs. Nonetheless, a terrible event like this one, where there’s nothing going on offensively and you can’t use any meaningful cards somehow makes even less appeal than some BS home run derby at Shippet.

SDS

I’m sure they see the numbers as far as the amount of people that play events and can see the numbers way down for this one. Cool event in my opinion but timing wasn’t all that great.

SDS

Almost feels like they’re trying to push us to play some RS. Lol. They almost got me too. This extreme program saved me.

SDS

I always play events, but I agree this one was tough. I tried to play one yesterday, and it took forever to get a game. Seems many people aren't playing this one

SDS

They should’ve brought back the moonshot event just for the he11 of it.

SDS

I wouldn't mind this event if it was during the right time of the season/year. So many of us enjoy prestiging our players or at least using the highly rated guys we've worked to get. Not a single one can be used here.

This event in April or even May would be doable. Not the most fun by any means but doable. If they did it in April or May offer an end game card for the final reward to entice people a little more.

SDS

They have to try lots of different events throughout the year. Its just part of providing content for 365 days a year. They usually learn from them and if everyone really hates this one, i bet its redesigned for next year.

Considering the way most games are handled, i think we are pretty lucky dealing with SDS. Try complaining to EA.

SDS

@SaldanaBros5 said in Whichever dev came up with this event should be fired.:

I always play events, but I agree this one was tough. I tried to play one yesterday, and it took forever to get a game. Seems many people aren't playing this one

I took a game in to the 14th inning last night. I must have blacked out I don’t remember much. That [censored] was horrible. Got me to 14 wins. I’m just trying to reach Soria for 40-50k in stubs but I don’t know if I can do this anymore. Pitchers should have had more limitations. Pitcher eligible speed should have been like 95 and under or even 90 and under. No fire ballers

SDS

I think the purpose of event was to gather data about contact hitters bunting etc in a controlled environment. It’s kinda lame to make it run as long as it has however. Also I think it’s a way for new players to be able to field a competitive event team and get some decent rewards? Idk but I’m over it also

SDS

You guys do know that this event ends on Tuesday and round 3 will have different rules. I played the round 1 and after starting 0-5 and banging my head against a brick wall I actually began to enjoy it. I even had two 12 win runs in the first event. I knew the second one was going to be unplayable so I haven’t even attempted it and instead have focused on extreme. I’ll grind out the final 10 win I need for Mathewson in event 3

SDS

@ComebackLogic said in Whichever dev came up with this event should be fired.:

I’ve not played any of the events this year. Well, I’ve played a few event games, but I’ve not bothered to hit any cumulative targets or anything. It’s partly because the rewards were too weak, partly because I have less time this year and prefer to focus on RS (baseball is a 9 inning game, not 3 or 6 with nerfed pitcher stamina), but mostly because I hate the stupid settings. Same reason I can’t stomach BR. 3 inning games with super juiced offense at Shippet make me sick. I hate the way this game makes everything about who can hit the most home runs. Nonetheless, a terrible event like this one, where there’s nothing going on offensively and you can’t use any meaningful cards somehow makes even less appeal than some BS home run derby at Shippet.

Well you're no fun. Lol baseball is hitting a ball with a bat. No matter the inning. Most people have never actually played a full 9 inning game. Lol IRL

SDS

@Potawatomi_Kid said in Whichever dev came up with this event should be fired.:

Well you're no fun. Lol baseball is hitting a ball with a bat. No matter the inning. Most people have never actually played a full 9 inning game. Lol IRL

Speak for yourself, I played legion ball and that was a 9 inning game. Did that for 4 years.

SDS

Yeah, I just don’t like the arcadey slugfest type modes. I’d love a 9 inning type BR tourney mode on HOF, but I’m not going to play the current format on AS or most of these events. Seems like it’s set up for kids and directional hitters to succeed, but I have no problem with people enjoying events and BR. It’s just not for me, personally. I’m more of a baseball purist.

SDS

@KILLERPRESENCE4 said in Whichever dev came up with this event should be fired.:

Speak for yourself, I played legion ball and that was a 9 inning game. Did that for 4 years.

I'll still stick by saying most people haven't. But lol that wasn't really my point.

SDS

Yeah, I just don’t like the arcadey slugfest type modes. I’d love a 9 inning type BR tourney mode on HOF, but I’m not going to play the current format on AS or most of these events. Seems like it’s set up for kids and directional hitters to succeed, but I have no problem with people enjoying events and BR. It’s just not for me, personally. I’m more of a baseball purist.

Fair enough. I dont really enjoy BR. But because its a video game there are days 9 innings just drags out. And i have no code stopping me from jumping in a 3 or 6 inning event game if I don't mind the rules that week.

SDS

@KILLERPRESENCE4 said in Whichever dev came up with this event should be fired.:

I'll still stick by saying most people haven't. But lol that wasn't really my point.

It’s cool

SDS

It’s cool

Past year in the 2 leagues i was in it was mainly 30 plus dudes only wanting to bat or relive randy Johnson fantasies. Alot of people got hit by balls last year. Lol half the dudes couldnt even play 9 innings.