No pitches thrown/Friendly quit request

SDS

I always accept if no pitches were thrown

most of the people don’t, why? It’s not like it’s hard to find the next game.

SDS

I’ll accept them if the connection is laggy, the starting pitchers are the same, or the rosters are super lopsided to my advantage.

Otherwise I don’t offer or accept them because I don’t think most of them are being requested in good faith and I’m not going to help someone shop for a home game or better pitching matchup or whatever.

SDS

I always accept prior to first pitch, not sure about what most people do, I’ve only sent a friendly a couple times and that was due to game lag and with no score yet.

SDS

@BearDownGoBlue said in No pitches thrown/Friendly quit request:

I’ll accept them if the connection is laggy, the starting pitchers are the same, or the rosters are super lopsided to my advantage.

Otherwise I don’t offer or accept them because I don’t think most of them are being requested in good faith and I’m not going to help someone shop for a home game or better pitching matchup or whatever.

I guess I still believe in humanity, I always take it if it’s before the first pitch.

SDS

@stewart1465 said in No pitches thrown/Friendly quit request:

I always accept prior to first pitch, not sure about what most people do, I’ve only sent a friendly a couple times and that was due to game lag and with no score yet.

I always accept as well, I mean, there are things out of your control requiring immediate attention sometimes, for example, your wife need you to help with the kid, everyday stuff

SDS

I almost never accept. I'm looking for a game to play, you're looking for a game to play. We get matched up for a game to play, so let's play.

SDS

@raesONE said in No pitches thrown/Friendly quit request:

I almost never accept. I'm looking for a game to play, you're looking for a game to play. We get matched up for a game to play, so let's play.

I support raesONE's position as well, for every one person who "had something thing come up" which usually is conveniently when you see who you're matched up with, you have the majority just cherry picking their opponent.

However, to each their own, if a pitch hasn't been thrown, I'll accept a FQ even though it's likely due to someone not liking the matchup.

SDS

@iBonafideScrub_ said in No pitches thrown/Friendly quit request:

I always accept as well, I mean, there are things out of your control requiring immediate attention sometimes, for example, your wife need you to help with the kid, everyday stuff

If that were the case though, then when you deny the FQ the person would have to quit. 99.999999% of the time they stay and play. I think it’s lame. Less than 30 secs ago you wanted to play and now all the sudden you don’t. They are def cherry picking.

SDS

I guess I still believe in humanity, I always take it if it’s before the first pitch.

You’re a better person than me, I gave up on humanity decades ago. Goes double for internet humanity.

SDS

Never. Don’t be skerred.

SDS

You’re a better person than me, I gave up on humanity decades ago. Goes double for internet humanity.

I might be too young too understand, I will probably give up at some point as well

SDS

@Mike__Honcho_361 said in No pitches thrown/Friendly quit request:

If that were the case though, then when you deny the FQ the person would have to quit. 99.999999% of the time they stay and play. I think it’s lame. Less than 30 secs ago you wanted to play and now all the sudden you don’t. They are def cherry picking.

True, I always quit anyway if it’s denied. If I can play it through I will do it, if the game is started and I need or decide to leave and you have some stats with your prestigeable guys I wouldn’t even bother asking. I’ll just quit and let you get your stats and everything

SDS

Friendly quit offers at the start of the game are about one thing and one thing only....shopping for easier opposition

If you believe its because 'something came up' then you probably believe that some girls have lots of male friends because its 'less drama' or 'no he's like a brother'

SDS

I had one where my opponent and I were going into the 16th of a 1/1 tie. He offered; I accepted. We'd both gone through our bullpens and were getting into starters and it was right after starter energy was changed. We were both playing like garbage and couldn't hit anything. It was a nightmare slog. I'll accept a friendly in a case like that.

SDS

It would mean roughly taking 50ish% of games I enter into, people assume because I have 99 Alomar and such on my team, that I'm super good, even though I'm not.

SDS

You pick a game (event, BR, RS, etc), you pick your stadium date time etc, you pick a starting pitcher, you set your lineup....game starts....now you decide you dont want to play a game, sorry its too late

SDS

I will only except if the starting pitchers are the same

SDS

I think this has been talked about at nauseum by now. But i will repeat what I always say. We all know that 99.9% of those kinds of FQ are because the other player either doesnt want to face you because of record, because of your SP, because of your stadium selected, or your lineup. The chances of something coming up in that short time he hit start on the lineup screen until a few seconds later when the game starts are astronomically low. Dont give in.

SDS

I always accept if no pitches were thrown

most of the people don’t, why? It’s not like it’s hard to find the next game.

If someone did it before the 1st pitch, sure. The thing I run into most of the time, is they ask after their first few guys are outs. I’m saying no every time to that. Half the time, they still quit. I have had a few try to freeze game on me or run timer to 0. But I’ve found it’s mostly someone that was trying to stat prestige.

SDS

I'll always accept before the first pitch. I figure it will be a miserable game if I don't with bunt dancing and everything. But as soon as one pitch is thrown, we are playing. This has happened a few times when Hershiser is pitching for me, opponent sees one pitch then wants a FQ.