Remember Tatis Jr?

SDS

That guy that took the league by storm for the first Month of the season? Now he isnt even the best hitter on his team. And definitely not the best defensively. So Machado is easily the Padres MVP at this point with about a week left.

So that got me thinking. Who are you guys' MVP, since they are doing rewards for some reason in this abbreviated season?

I have Mookie Betts in NL and AL is were it gets real tight. Voit, Abreu, Trout, LaMahieu, all neck and neck. Right now I would go Abreu just for something new, and 18 HR and 14 doubles beats Voit 21 and 5. Obviuosly more to talk about, just wanted to get my piece in.

SDS

Freddie Freeman in the NL

SDS

Freeman in the NL, the numbers heavily favor him.

The AL is a little muddled, probably LeMahieu? There really isn't a clear winner there.

SDS

Ah, didnt really think much of Freeman. I guess because of the first base thing. But yeah you are right. But Juan Soto has a much higher OPS than even Freeman. I went Betts, probably Machado 2nd because they are complete players. Not that Freddie dont play first well, but it is first.

SDS

Eddie, free Fred man.

SDS

@ChuckCLC said in Remember Tatis Jr?:

Ah, didnt really think much of Freeman. I guess because of the first base thing. But yeah you are right. But Juan Soto has a much higher OPS than even Freeman. I went Betts, probably Machado 2nd because they are complete players. Not that Freddie dont play first well, but it is first.

Soto has also played in about 20 less games than freeman, Freeman also has 3B eligibility in this game.

SDS

With the Yanks making huge turn around in Sept to turn season around I expect Voit or DJ. Also would have Shane Bieber in discussion..

SDS

@RonnieGant1992 said in Remember Tatis Jr?:

Soto has also played in about 20 less games than freeman, Freeman also has 3B eligibility in this game.

13 games, which is nothing. And what does MLB TS have to do with MLB MVP lol. Hasnt played 3rd since 2017.

SDS

JoRam is coming on strong. Otherwise Luke Voit in the AL.

SDS

@KyleS779 said in Remember Tatis Jr?:

JoRam is coming on strong. Otherwise Luke Voit in the AL.

Very true.

SDS

@RonnieGant1992 said in Remember Tatis Jr?:

13 games, which is nothing. And what does MLB TS have to do with MLB MVP lol. Hasnt played 3rd since 2017.

13 games in a 60 game season is a big difference. That's 21.7% of the season; like missing 35 games in a regular season.