Getting a little too excited?

SDS

I know I have already created 2 other post, and 3 threads in a couple hours is more than I usually start in a Month, but I had to.

So, the San Diego padres have 8 golds and 4 diamonds!!!! lol. Yes they are having a pretty good season. granted it would be mid May in a normal year. But even the Dodgers have only 6 golds and 3 diamonds. Seems a little odd.

Machado and Tatis Jr have earned it, dont get me wrong. And some others. But take Dinelson Lamet for example. A 28 year old pitcher with just 2 seasons of 4+ ERA under his belt. Comes into 2020 and had 11 good starts and BOOM, he is a diamond? How can I invest it that? Yes, I bring up invest, my saltiness is because I thought about buying a whole bunch of him but resisted because there was no way right? Wrong.

Just please guys if we get back to full time Baseball next year, dont be so lose with the roster attribute updates. Takes all the research and thoughtfulness out.

SDS

They only upgrade guys who they like

SDS

When the season is as short as it is, they have to be more reactive. LS has been screwed over this year. You’ll have to prepare for this bizarre season skewing stats for next year too, as they base ratings on a 3 year average, but is what it is. Probably no more pitchers that rake either, considering the universal DH. Games changing 😞

SDS

I think its been great. Makes investing much more fun too. This 3 year average stuff was kind of silly anyways. I'd rather see weekly updates based on the players performance in this season.......

SDS

I mean Lamet makes sense.

Because firstly, ERA isn't a stat in-game, so it's not that relevant that he had a 4 ERA last year. Second is he has maintained one of the highest K/9 of any starter between 2019 and 2020, and that stat is very heavily weighed, especially on the SP side. So I don't think it's outrageous he got to diamond.

Yates is only a diamond because he didn't play enough before getting injured, he would be gold if he continued to suck.

And out of the other golds, who doesn't deserve it on the Padres? Myers has been insane, Cronenworth is RoY worthy. (Though imo Bohm should win it and should be rated higher). Pomeranz has yet to give up a run.

Paddack is debatable, same for Hosmer who has cooled off some, same for Davies. But I don't think it's outrageous or insane that those are gold.

Pham is only gold because of his past and I wouldn't be surprised to see him be a silver on Friday.

SDS

No offense, but have you seen Lamet pitch this season? The guy is pretty much unhittable in the first 6 or so innings and that's usually when he starts giving up some runs. He's as dominant as anyone in the game right now so his diamond rating is more than justified in my opinion.

SDS

Dinelson Lamet outdueled Kershaw and shut down that very Dodgers line up that your comparing to

He has thrown quality start after quality start with high k/9 consistently this year

I'm going to assume you're just upset at your investment options not being fruitful, understandable

SDS

I don't think we see such crazy updates next season, provided we get a full season. Think about it this way, we've played 2 months of baseball, and we've seen enough gold to diamonds for the entire season. For a weird year, it works. For a normal season, it wont.

SDS

Heres hoping Corbin Burnes goes diamond next!

SDS

Uh this is SD Studios. Lmao

SDS

@ChuckCLC said in Getting a little too excited?:

I know I have already created 2 other post, and 3 threads in a couple hours is more than I usually start in a Month, but I had to.

So, the San Diego padres have 8 golds and 4 diamonds!!!! lol. Yes they are having a pretty good season. granted it would be mid May in a normal year. But even the Dodgers have only 6 golds and 3 diamonds. Seems a little odd.

Machado and Tatis Jr have earned it, dont get me wrong. And some others. But take Dinelson Lamet for example. A 28 year old pitcher with just 2 seasons of 4+ ERA under his belt. Comes into 2020 and had 11 good starts and BOOM, he is a diamond? How can I invest it that? Yes, I bring up invest, my saltiness is because I thought about buying a whole bunch of him but resisted because there was no way right? Wrong.

Just please guys if we get back to full time Baseball next year, dont be so lose with the roster attribute updates. Takes all the research and thoughtfulness out.

there is no secret at this point buddy that SDS completely favours their home city its a joke at this point

SDS

@RyanRhino777 said in Getting a little too excited?:

exactly

Judge's fielding stats are better than Griffey's this year on both the WS card and the HRD

SDS

@ChuckCLC said in Getting a little too excited?:

Amen brother!!! Doing Dodgers dirty

SDS

@YogaFireGaming said in Getting a little too excited?:

Amen brother!!! Doing Dodgers dirty

Kirk Gibson was faking...

SDS

@TheHungryHole said in Getting a little too excited?:

exactly

Judge's fielding stats are better than Griffey's this year on both the WS card and the HRD

I’m pretty sure Judge rates IRL as one of the best fielders in the game too though

SDS

@Original_Quad said in Getting a little too excited?:

@TheHungryHole said in Getting a little too excited?:

exactly

I’m pretty sure Judge rates IRL as one of the best fielders in the game too though

better than griffey ?

SDS

11 good start is pretty [censored] good improvement for a a pitcher. It’s not like he had one good start and went from a 75 to an 89.

SDS

@NOTandris said in Getting a little too excited?:

11 good start is pretty [censored] good improvement for a a pitcher. It’s not like he had one good start and went from a 75 to an 89.

Yeah, it is a Month and a half worth of work.