SDS seems to have a weird hate for Dallas Keuchel

SDS

Seriously, the man has an ERA under 2.00 and has been lights-out all season. I could even date this back to last season when it seemed like they wouldn't touch him either despite a solid year with Atlanta.

What gives here? As a White Sox fan that has seen the man pitch all year closeup, this puzzles me. He'll never be flashy -- even in his Cy Young season he wasn't -- but the guy has allowed only 2 HRs in 63.1 innings and 11 starts.

SDS

Probably because his stuff looks extremely mediocre with no velocity or extreme spin rates. And yet the numbers don't lie, he should definitely be given more appreciation.

SDS

@BodamEscapePlan said in SDS seems to have a weird hate for Dallas Keuchel:

s a White Sox fan that has seen the man pitch all year closeup,

False. No one saw him up close this year. Closed stadiums and all...

SDS

He could get a henchmen or program for his Cy Young card.

He was mediocre stat wise from 2017 until this abbreviated season.

SDS

Here's another dirty little secret is that velocity and break stats do somewhat impact the overall ratings and he really doesn't have much to show for it. Combine that with a relatively mediocre per 9s and you just cant get him boosted enough. I remember last year the year end update basically upgraded a bunch of players clutch ratings for example and that would get them the boost to go gold to diamond and the like

SDS

@wynsanity318 said in SDS seems to have a weird hate for Dallas Keuchel:

Here's another dirty little secret is that velocity and break stats do somewhat impact the overall ratings and he really doesn't have much to show for it. Combine that with a relatively mediocre per 9s and you just cant get him boosted enough. I remember last year the year end update basically upgraded a bunch of players clutch ratings for example and that would get them the boost to go gold to diamond and the like

I never considered this but you might be right.

I suppose Kyle Hendricks is a comparable player and he almost always straddles the line between being a high silver and a low gold and Keuchel's last few seasons have been a notch or two below his so maybe the lack of rating bump is justified.

It just seems odd in a year where everyone and anyone seems to be getting boosted no matter their standing in the past 2-3 seasons prior, Keuchel seems like an odd omission. I look at a player like Wil Myers -- someone the Padres couldn't give away in a trade without sending a top prospect along with him just a few months ago -- is now on the precipices of going diamond.

This year has been mad.

SDS

It would be a weird card for sure. He'd have a 85 mph cutter for his primary, a slider, a 78 mph change up, and a 89 mph fastball. Maybe he will get a post season card if he and the white sox do well?

SDS

Didn't get have a low Diamond last year? I think it was the Astros' team collect reward.

Not saying he doesn't deserve one this year. But the has had one before.

SDS

I mean Tim Anderson is only an 82 so