World Series Players

SDS

How do you guys get rewarded on hitting online... I need to the secret, I can easily beat the computer on legend or hall of fame offline in my sleep... Then I go online and none of my inputs ever get rewarded, I’m hitting good/good outs, walking guys in 4 straight pitchers with Orel in good release, is there a trick to this.... This isn’t a complaint post, more of asking What do you do or how to get rewarded on your inputs online... I’m an offline player whose switching to playing more online and it’s not been a fun experience so far.

SDS

Offline speeds and online speeds are different. Also I can't give you any tips, because it sounds like you are doing everything right, so can't help ya, guess the game hates you.

(A bit passive aggressive and I apologize, but these kinds of posts do annoy me a bit, how are we supposed to give you tips if the only thing you give us is I get good input and never get rewarded?)

SDS

Pitch speeds have a major difference. Legend vs CPU is much slower than Legend online

SDS

I will ask for some tips. Like the guy above, I can easily beat cpu on legend.

Finally hit 800 level, but i suck at hitting now. HOF feels like guys are throwing 120 mph right now so if I am not selling out on FB, I have no chance. Than get killed on off speed.

Any tips appreciated.

SDS

@OreoRockstar said in World Series Players:

Finally hit 800 level, but i suck at hitting now. HOF feels like guys are throwing 120 mph right now so if I am not selling out on FB, I have no chance. Than get killed on off speed.

Any tips appreciated.

For me at least, with HOF, I have to be 100% awake and focused, otherwise I'm going to be striking out a lot. I try to eliminate any distractions and have all my focus on reading pitches. Playing tired and/or distracted often leads to me losing.

SDS

Best thing you can do is go into custom practice with the pitch speed sliders all the way up against a pitcher who throws gas. That'll make you very uncomfortable but it's good practice for the online pitch speeds. Other than that it's basic baseball, be patient and look for your pitch to hit.

SDS

@eatyum said in World Series Players:

@OreoRockstar said in World Series Players:

Any tips appreciated.

For me at least, with HOF, I have to be 100% awake and focused, otherwise I'm going to be striking out a lot. I try to eliminate any distractions and have all my focus on reading pitches. Playing tired and/or distracted often leads to me losing.

This is me too, without a doubt.

SDS

The CPU can only think within the limits of its programming. It cannot make adjustments. Humans can. Thats why its easy for you to beat CPU on legend but not online.

SDS

You have to square up the ball for one, good/good isnt good lol. Just because it says good doesnt mean you hit it well. Look at where the ball is in the PCI. And "good" for timing is hardly ever good. If you are a little late it will say "good" even though you know you were late. I guess my point is dont rely on the feedback. Take it with a grain of salt. Maybe even turn it off if it is getting in your head.

As for the pitching, it is just a [censored] shoot. But obviuosly well rested guys with higher confidence will perform better. make sure you are hitting that top circle if using analog. Bottom line is easy, but if you miss that top circle your pitch will not be effective if he squares it up. Your pitcher gets penalized heavily for missing the mark.

SDS

I can't hit HOF pitching yet, but my HOF losses are making all star a lot easier when I drop down.

SDS

Just accept the game for what is is this year. It will not go your way sometimes your going to give up early timed homeruns that will leave you scratching your head and other times the one getting the cheesy hits is yourself. You can also get lucky and play a game that’s straight up and those are the ones that keep you coming back to the game bc there so much fun. The key is to stay even keel they it all and just focus on trying to consistently have good at bats and on the pitching side try to quickly figure out if your opponent has a quick or slow bat and then pitch accordingly.

SDS

Thanks everyone, like I said not a complaint post, just looking for tips seeing how people compensate with inputs.