MVP Rip v Derby Rip

SDS

Anyone else notice they are the same age? Both cards are from ‘91. How could the stats be that different? I get that the hitting stats could be different.......I mean I guess I get it. But why would the fielding be any different? It’s the same year!

SDS

I did the Ripken moments since it ends up being a free card. But the real secret is that the HRD one is the better card attribute-wise.

SDS

yeah. these moments are worst than the extreme moments. I rake with HR Ripkin but can't even hit HR's on veteran with MVP.

SDS

@mjfc_363 said in MVP Rip v Derby Rip:

Anyone else notice they are the same age? Both cards are from ‘91. How could the stats be that different? I get that the hitting stats could be different.......I mean I guess I get it. But why would the fielding be any different? It’s the same year!

Because it’s a HRD card meaning much higher power attributes

SDS

I know it's not possible, but the HRD card feels like it has a better swing than the MVP card.

SDS

@mjfc_363 said in MVP Rip v Derby Rip:

Maybe because he didn’t field during the HRD? Duh

SDS

As a Ripken user til endgame last year, I do understand the hate he is getting. His swing for me is quite solid actually, but the timing on every pitch has to be accurate because his swing is not quick. Decided to give him a try after the MVP comes out and buy the HRD version to compare. Just one game I started with the HRD I know that the HRD is a much better card because all Ripken needs to be good is power, and I smash Seaver in his first at bat in HOF. For the MVP, yes he has better contact and fielding, but he would be just like the Ripken that a lot of people hate.