When the bats go cold

SDS

What do you guys do when the bats go ice cold? Literally feels like i'm squaring up pitches but can't buy a hit to save my life. I get not everything is going to be a hit, but between the amount of early bomb and miss timed hits by opponents its just getting painful.

SDS

You just have to chalk it up and squash the emotions and be rational, if you let it effect your head on top of the rng screwing you , you will do worse and loose. Just stay focused and swing at good pitches

SDS

@MaxHarvest said in When the bats go cold:

You just have to chalk it up and squash the emotions and be rational, if you let it effect your head on top of the rng screwing you , you will do worse and loose. Just stay focused and swing at good pitches

FOr sure emotions get to me.. Watching anything i throw no matter where get crushed.. and i for sure swing at terrible pitches the more upset i get so i get that plays into it.. But [censored] when you do actually square one up and it's just a fly out like come on

SDS

I have a lot of games where I'm squaring pitches up but they don't drop and I start to get frustrated. Then I just think, "if I keep squaring it up, they'll fall eventually. Just keep swinging at good pitches." Usually around the 4th or 5th inning hits start falling if I keep a good mindset.

Also, adjusting your batting camera might help. I switch between SZ and SZ High when I go through a slump. Sometimes changing that camera angle can make your PCI placement just a little bit better, which also helps you get more hits.

SDS

You can try switching your players up too. Sometimes I'll try a new card or two if I'm slumping.

SDS

@STEVO651779652 said in When the bats go cold:

What do you guys do when the bats go ice cold? Literally feels like i'm squaring up pitches but can't buy a hit to save my life. I get not everything is going to be a hit, but between the amount of early bomb and miss timed hits by opponents its just getting painful.

I call Roger Dorm and ask if I can borrow his 'hats for bats'.

SDS

Well it’s disheartening when Edwin rios 120 pop off of a right hits a warning track shot and then your opponent hits a no doubter with 65 power gwynn to center field. I can tell I’m going to lose after about 3 innings