9th Inning Boss & Henchmen Predictions

SDS

With the year winding down, it should be much easier to make an accurate prediction on these. For the record, I don't think we'll be seeing "Finest" series cards as the Bosses or Henchmen for the 9th Inning and with that said, lets get to my predictions for Friday's upcoming content drop:

Henchmen

• Ryan Braun, LF / 2011 Awards Series / 97 OVR
    It seems like the perfect time to come out with this card as this looks to be Braun's final season (at least with Milwaukee) and he would make an excellent Henchmen pick for the 9th Inning.

• David Price, SP / Signature Series / 97 OVR
    With Price's decision to opt-out this season, it's possible we don't see a high-90s card of his but considering that the options for starting pitchers are getting pretty slim, I still think it's likely he gets a card and as a Henchmen pick for the 9th Inning program, he's a perfect fit. I would say this card would fit in well along side the other two I've selected.

• Edgar Martinez, 3B / Signature Series / 98 OVR
    At first, I wanted to put Adam Dunn here but if Braun and Price are indeed the other two cards available here, I don't think an Adam Dunn card could be pumped up enough to have a somewhat similar overall to them. So, instead I've gone with Edgar who seems like the perfect fit as he isn't good enough to be a Boss and if he were released in a promotional pack, he'd be too underwhelming.

9th Inning Bosses

• Willie Mays, CF / Signature Series / 99 OVR
    This seems to be almost guaranteed after he wasn't selected to be the ultimate reward for the Extreme program. I think this would be the perfect way for The Show to create a ton of hype for the game heading into the MLB Postseason, as well.

• Honus Wagner, SS / Prime Series / 99 OVR
    Assuming that Mays is indeed one of the bosses, I think it's also almost guaranteed that we'd see Honus as a Boss alongside of Mays. There just aren't many cards that would give players enough pause to not take Willie Mays aside from Honus.

• Kenley Jansen, CP / 2017 Prime Series / 99 OVR
    I gave Albert Pujols a ton of consideration here but they've yet to have a repeat Boss and I don't think we'll get one here either. Jansen would definitely give a ton of folks a tough decision between the three.

SDS

If this happens, do Jansen and Wagner prices sky rocket as who isn’t taking Mays?

SDS

@OreoRockstar said in 9th Inning Boss & Henchmen Predictions:

If this happens, do Jansen and Wagner prices sky rocket as who isn’t taking Mays?

I wouldn't think so.

Even last year when Griffey Jr. was included as a Boss, the other two cards stayed close to the cost of Griffey's. I don't think we'll ever see a significant price differential for the Bosses at the time of release.

SDS

Gotta think henchman r adley, franco and one other

SDS

Mays or nothing for me 🙂

SDS

I think you’re wrong. They will be Finest cards. The season just ended. 9th inning was Finest last year too.

SDS

Braun has already been a henchman this year, i don't think he will get another. The others i can see happening but replace Wagner with a 99 overall Mookie Betts Awards card.

SDS

@Bob_Loblaw1984 said in 9th Inning Boss & Henchmen Predictions:

I think you’re wrong. They will be Finest cards.

I think 10 is finest, they can’t push Griffey and mays off any longer

SDS

Mays, Wagner and Foxx are my predictions. Gotta make it hard to choose or everyone will just take Mays.

SDS

I’ve been calling mays , Wagner and Andrew Miller

SDS

How about

Edmonds
Kimbrel
Foxx

SDS

@MaxHarvest said in 9th Inning Boss & Henchmen Predictions:

You may be right about Finest being 10th inning. Inning program are about 3 weeks ahead of last year.

If that’s the case, I’ll go Wagner, Mays, Gossage.

SDS

@samguenther1987 said in 9th Inning Boss & Henchmen Predictions:

How about

Edmonds
Kimbrel
Foxx

2/3 are garbage not worthy of being 99's or release this late.

SDS

@Raider52Morrison said in 9th Inning Boss & Henchmen Predictions:

@samguenther1987 said in 9th Inning Boss & Henchmen Predictions:

How about

Edmonds
Kimbrel
Foxx

2/3 are garbage not worthy of being 99's or release this late.

Did you yse Kimbrel last year? One of the better cards. I agrre about Edmonds

SDS

You may be right about Finest being 10th inning. Inning program are about 3 weeks ahead of last year.

Goose was inning boss last year can’t be him, Miller was an extreme moment reward, very hard to get so was mays and honus . And it would take an elite lefty reliever to even come close to holding value w mays and honus . (See billy Wagner)

SDS

Bosses guess: Lefty Grove, Willie Mays, Jimmie Foxx

SDS

Lefty Grove is the last likely starter to be a Boss, but they haven’t done a hitter only inning since the 3rd inning. Going with Mays, Honus, Foxx. Finest will be 10th inning bosses IMO. Your henchman guesses are pretty spot on other than Braun though. Wasn’t his 86 card a henchman earlier on? Price, Edgar, and Edmonds as henchman

SDS

Goose was inning boss last year can’t be him, Miller was an extreme moment reward, very hard to get so was mays and honus . And it would take an elite lefty reliever to even come close to holding value w mays and honus . (See billy Wagner)

Goose’s 99 was an extreme reward.

SDS

I think you’re wrong. They will be Finest cards. The season just ended. 9th inning was Finest last year too.

This makes the most sense, but I wonder if there will be some postseason cards thrown in there somewhere for henchmen

SDS

The problem with Miller is he was a 98 last year. Obviously relievers can’t get awards cards without a Cy Young. Sig series have kept the same attributes from 19 to 20 and the cards that have prime this year instead of signature series have either stayed the same or dropped in overall