'Run It Back' cards are much better than I thought

SDS

I wasn't expecting much when I saw the player cards/attributes revealed on Reddit prior to their release but I have to admit, some of these cards are quickly becoming some of my favorite in all of the game.

First off, the Awards series Javier Baez just rips at the plate -- but he is also phenomenal in the field and has a ridiculous arm. I've used him at second base mainly but also have had him play shortstop a few times and he has yet to misplay a ball and has had more than a few slick defensive plays. I absolutely love this card and I don't think he'll be coming off my main team.

Possibly the biggest surprise of all for me has been Jonathan Lucroy. In the past, I've always had horrible results whenever I used him but this year's card is an absolute doubles machine. He may not be my starting catcher (or even my backup) but he's a card I will use whenever I get bored of Matt Wieters.

Then you got seriously great cards like Lee Smith, Wade Davis, Adam Wainwright, Tyler Clippard, Billy Williams, and another card that surprised me (but it shouldn't have since I crushed it with his Player Program card early in the year) in Curtis Granderson. His swing is so smooth and the ball just jumps off his bat. He will be a Showdown/BR/events beast.

What do you guys think of these "Run It Back" cards so far?

SDS

I've been selling them still because of the prices but have kept Wade Davis and Baez around who I agree are both very solid. Have grinded thru about 12 packs now so eventually will start keeping the cards when prices fall below $10-15K as I do want to try out Lee Smith in particular.

SDS

I had fun with the blyleven card last night. Used the fast curve like a slider or slurve. Used the 12-6 curve like a change up off of the harder one. And then dropped some fastballs and change ups in to mix it up. Can't wait to use him again

SDS

@rosborn27 said in 'Run It Back' cards are much better than I thought:

I've been selling them still because of the prices but have kept Wade Davis and Baez around who I agree are both very solid. Have grinded thru about 12 packs now so eventually will start keeping the cards when prices fall below $10-15K as I do want to try out Lee Smith in particular.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how nasty the two of those cards are. Davis might be a top-3 right-handed reliever in the game -- and that's crazy considering how easy it is to obtain him.

SDS

Javy has been amazing for me and at 2nd makes even sweeter. Tatis and javy middle infield is very fun

SDS

@sbevans142 said in 'Run It Back' cards are much better than I thought:

I had fun with the blyleven card last night. Used the fast curve like a slider or slurve. Used the 12-6 curve like a change up off of the harder one. And then dropped some fastballs and change ups in to mix it up. Can't wait to use him again

I totally forgot about this card.

It's kind of funny, awhile back, I remember a few people posting that they thought Blyleven would be great based on the meta of the game whenever he got his high-90s card, now that he's out -- no one is saying much. He's someone I'm going to take when he pops up for me.

SDS

@BodamEscapePlan said in 'Run It Back' cards are much better than I thought:

@sbevans142 said in 'Run It Back' cards are much better than I thought:

I totally forgot about this card.

It's kind of funny, awhile back, I remember a few people posting that they thought Blyleven would be great based on the meta of the game whenever he got his high-90s card, now that he's out -- no one is saying much. He's someone I'm going to take when he pops up for me.

I kind of expected to get rocked with the card. It took me a couple of innings to figure out a plan. But once I got going with it, he felt invincible

SDS

@BodamEscapePlan said in 'Run It Back' cards are much better than I thought:

I wasn't expecting much when I saw the player cards/attributes revealed on Reddit prior to their release but I have to admit, some of these cards are quickly becoming some of my favorite in all of the game.

First off, the Awards series Javier Baez just rips at the plate -- but he is also phenomenal in the field and has a ridiculous arm. I've used him at second base mainly but also have had him play shortstop a few times and he has yet to misplay a ball and has had more than a few slick defensive plays. I absolutely love this card and I don't think he'll be coming off my main team.

Possibly the biggest surprise of all for me has been Jonathan Lucroy. In the past, I've always had horrible results whenever I used him but this year's card is an absolute doubles machine. He may not be my starting catcher (or even my backup) but he's a card I will use whenever I get bored of Matt Wieters.

Then you got seriously great cards like Lee Smith, Wade Davis, Adam Wainwright, Tyler Clippard, Billy Williams, and another card that surprised me (but it shouldn't have since I crushed it with his Player Program card early in the year) in Curtis Granderson. His swing is so smooth and the ball just jumps off his bat. He will be a Showdown/BR/events beast.

What do you guys think of these "Run It Back" cards so far?

I'm loving the Andruw Jones, Baez, Davis and Williams cards. I may have to find a place for Baez because he is crushing everything same with Williams. I havn't tried Lucroy yet because i've been using Jorge Alfaro Tops now as my catcher and through 5 games he's hitting 880 with 4 homeruns and 2 doubles (he's incredible)

I've also pitched 2 games in conquest with Blyeven and he's been lights out, i love his windup he might make my rotation. Davis can get hit hard if your not careful or he's left in to long but he's getting the job done for me so far.

SDS

I should add i've beaten the conquest map 4 times (on my 5th run now) and i've taken Baez 3 times and Williams once, which has been enough to get all the Tops Now cards for September.

SDS

@samguenther1987 said in 'Run It Back' cards are much better than I thought:

I should add i've beaten the conquest map 4 times (on my 5th run now) and i've taken Baez 3 times and Williams once, which has been enough to get all the Tops Now cards for September.

How long is a run through RIB conquest taking you?

SDS

@mastermut4life said in 'Run It Back' cards are much better than I thought:

@samguenther1987 said in 'Run It Back' cards are much better than I thought:

How long is a run through RIB conquest taking you?

No more then a few hours and i'm going slow, pausing inbetween some games to do other things. It really shouldn't take more then a hour or 2 to beat. It's bassicly playing 6/7 3 inning games and simming the rest of the map. Once you hit the Yankees you should be able to play the games on Veteran.

SDS

Showdown takes about 30-40 mins to complete, irs definitely the way to go over conquest unless you really are not very good at the game

SDS

@MaxHarvest said in 'Run It Back' cards are much better than I thought:

Showdown takes about 30-40 mins to complete, irs definitely the way to go over conquest unless you really are not very good at the game

I agree, but for whatever reason in the RIB showdown I am 5-0 when I don’t face Greg Holland is the mid boss and 1-4 when I do face him. I can’t f’n hit the guy for whatever reason

SDS

Lee Smith has been my favorite and best so far. Davis and Wainwright have been ok.
Plan on trying out Baez, Williams and Goldschmidt when I get them.

SDS

Not selling them, keeping dupes for TA4! RiB is a "Diamond dispenser".

My daily routine: take RiB strongholds and clear the map for the next days games.
then RS, ConX or Moments

Took relievers first and got Andrew Jones last night.

SDS

Still selling as Wade Davis still sold last night for $30K (at $26K right now). Shocked prices are still so high but will keep hitting the ATM so long as its here.

SDS

I only just finished the Conquest Extreme map, so I'll be starting RIB stuff today. I can't wait to get my hands on these cards and make progress towards the Trout program.