Ron Guidry Awards 99

SDS

When I make the lofty rank of 500 in the current RS, is Ron Guidry a good choice? I can always use another LH starter.

SDS

Was he any good last year or am I thinking of Whitey Ford that was the sneaky good Yankees LH?

SDS

@Rypien91 said in Ron Guidry Awards 99:

Was he any good last year or am I thinking of Whitey Ford that was the sneaky good Yankees LH?

Not sure - this is my first year in DD.

SDS

I didn’t think he would be good, but I got owned by him yesterday by a really good player that knew how to use him effectively

SDS

If you want a fairly cheap, reliable lefty, got MadBum or Hamels

SDS

I loved his card last year it was part of the signature series rewards. Last years card had a change up to go along with his fastballs, slider, and curve this one doesn't unfortunately. Ive been waiting for this card Im sure it will be fun to use.

SDS

@OreoRockstar said in Ron Guidry Awards 99:

by a really good player that knew how to use him effectively

C'mon @OreoRockstar ! By now, you know that's not me 😞

SDS

@arvcpa said in Ron Guidry Awards 99:

@OreoRockstar said in Ron Guidry Awards 99:

by a really good player that knew how to use him effectively

C'mon @OreoRockstar ! By now, you know that's not me 😞

Haha, well played. All those guys can also hit well enough to keep them in any game with any pitcher, my hitting is suspect at best so I don't see me rolling him out there either

SDS

Dude his card sux really really bad. Ramirez has been a nice surprise. Or just sell and buy someone. But stay away from Guidry

SDS

Guidry was one of my best pitchers last year, but the lack of a change may hurt.

SDS

I had a really tough time hitting Guidry last year. I'm sure he'll be sneaky good this year, as well.

SDS

Whitey Ford was sneaky good last year