Which 9th Inning Boss Should I Choose?

SDS

Title says it all. I know this program just started, but I like to plan my picks in advance so that when I do get to 300 stars, I will know exactly who I want.

My bullpen is pretty solid, I think, so I probably won't be picking Jansen. Thus, my choice lies between Jimmie Foxx and Honus Wagner.

Here's how my lineup currently looks:

1. CF—99 Prime Ty Cobb
  2. SS—99 TN Trea Turner
  3. 1B—99 MVP Babe Ruth*
  4. LF—99 MVP Christian Yelich
  5. 2B—98 TN Bo Bichette*
  6. RF—98 TN Adam Duvall*
  7. C—96 GG Matt Weiters (sometimes I have Posey here)
  8. 3B—96 Brad Miller
  9. Pitcher
  • = Secondary position penalties

Based on this, who would be the best fit for my lineup? Foxx or Honus?

SDS

I’d upgrade C with foxx

SDS

Honestly i'm going with Jimmie Foxx, best catcher in the game now

SDS

I’m gonna get all 3 because they all look good but my first choice would be Foxx for sure

SDS

I’m thinking Foxx, with my 2nd choice as Jansen

SDS

Foxx at 3rd base IMO.

SDS

@samguenther1987 said in Which 9th Inning Boss Should I Choose?:

Great hitting, but arm is subpar and block is 50 something. I’d use my CAP at C and pick up Honus.

SDS

@Bob_Loblaw1984 said in Which 9th Inning Boss Should I Choose?:

Great hitting, but arm is subpar and block is 50 something. I’d use my CAP at C and pick up Honus.

I would agree with you, but not use a CAP. I would use my current catcher 94 Salvador Perez. I really enjoy his card and how it plays above his stats.

SDS

@The_DoctorsWife said in Which 9th Inning Boss Should I Choose?:

Title says it all. I know this program just started, but I like to plan my picks in advance so that when I do get to 300 stars, I will know exactly who I want.

My bullpen is pretty solid, I think, so I probably won't be picking Jansen. Thus, my choice lies between Jimmie Foxx and Honus Wagner.

Here's how my lineup currently looks:

1. CF—99 Prime Ty Cobb
  2. SS—99 TN Trea Turner
  3. 1B—99 MVP Babe Ruth*
  4. LF—99 MVP Christian Yelich
  5. 2B—98 TN Bo Bichette*
  6. RF—98 TN Adam Duvall*
  7. C—96 GG Matt Weiters (sometimes I have Posey here)
  8. 3B—96 Brad Miller
  9. Pitcher
  • = Secondary position penalties

Based on this, who would be the best fit for my lineup? Foxx or Honus?

I agree with your bullpen thing. Jansen is an easy no for me. I somehow always get my starters into the late innings. If I am having a bad game, I use my few LIGHTS OUT bullpen guys, and then have a long starter go the next game to rest them. 🙂

SDS

I've seen this a couple of times now, what makes you say that he's the best? Best hitting, sure, but you don't think his fielding, poor blocking and weak arm will cost you runs?

SDS

@Hubijerk said in Which 9th Inning Boss Should I Choose?:

I've seen this a couple of times now, what makes you say that he's the best? Best hitting, sure, but you don't think his fielding, poor blocking and weak arm will cost you runs?

I loved his bat last year and if he's not good behind the plate i have other options anyway.

SDS

My bullpen is so stacked, so Kenley is out as I have found him easy to pick up and wouldn’t be confident with him. Seems like Mariano Rivera 2.

Honus looks great but I definitely don’t need him. I have so many great leadoff hitters already. Cobb, JRoll, Gwynn, hell even Tatis or Mantle... just no need for another slappy speedster.

I could platoon Ruth/Foxx at 1B in the 3 hole. That’d be nasty. No way I’d put Foxx behind the dish with those stats on D. Yuck.

SDS

Honus at 2nd base is the move

SDS

Pick the most expensive and buy the other. Both make your lineup.