Fun but possibly illegal showdown wrinkle.

SDS

I love playing the showdown extreme to get some quick stubs. Can usually get through it in about a half hour and after the entry fee I think you net about 14k stubs. I like this one because I hate the pitching showdowns and with this one you get amazing cards. I think a fun wrinkle would be instead of the 1000 entry fee you could put up what you want and then get your winnings based on that. I know everyone is freaked out already about stubs being like gambling and this would send it right over the edge but I think this would be a blast. Put up 10k stubs to get 140k if you beat it. Maybe even set it up where if you lose any of them you lose all the stubs so it is an all or none to make it a bit tougher. Probably no chance this would happen but a degenerate gambler can dream.

SDS

If you could make 130k stub per run, that would make inflation a million times worse then it already is now.

But in a theoretical sense, it's a cool concept.

SDS

@eatyum said in Fun but possibly illegal showdown wrinkle.:

If you could make 130k stub per run, that would make inflation a million times worse then it already is now.

That’s why I think it would have to be an all or nothing. You have to beat it to keep any of the stubs you gain along the way. Would be fun early in the year if you put up say 20k when you don’t have a ton and then have to face Chapman sale etc.

SDS

Well, you could also lose 130k (or more) per run...so might balance out...

SDS

@abbyspapa said in Fun but possibly illegal showdown wrinkle.:

No, you'd lose 10k per run under what he proposed

SDS

@abbyspapa said in Fun but possibly illegal showdown wrinkle.:

No, you'd lose 10k per run under what he proposed

Yeah you're right, thought he meant an "all or nothing" approach option.

SDS

I'd rather not gamble with the RNG fest that is showdown, I'm sure they'd have those horrible fielders who already play diamond defense turn into platinum defenders and nerf us even more than now. Foxx has been robbed more than I could imagine with exit velos. I'm by no means a good hitter, but when I get good timing(not on the late side of good) and good PCI placement on a 98mph fastball, I shouldn't be getting 92 exit velocity with his hitting attributes.

SDS

@pfcorporate said in Fun but possibly illegal showdown wrinkle.:

I know everyone is freaked out already about stubs being like gambling and this would send it right over the edge

It would also cost The Show it's 'E' rating.

In other words, never gonna happen.