Willie Mays first baseman

SDS

I know not many people are gonna put him there because he’s an all world defender in the outfield but he should have a 1st base secondary when his 99 comes out right

SDS

Umm, no. Other than late in his career when he was basically done, he never played there.

In 22 years, he only played 1B 3 times in his first 18 seasons.

SDS

It all depends on what kind of card they'll give him. If he'll get an award card, I think there's no chance he'll get a 1B secondary because those cards are based on 1 year.
If he'll get a prime card, I also doubt he'll get that 1B secondary, because obviously he played CF throughout his best years.

Maybe there's a slight chance if he'll get a Signature Series card.

SDS

What a waste that would be if you could lol.

SDS

@raesONE said in Willie Mays first baseman:

It all depends on what kind of card they'll give him. If he'll get an award card, I think there's no chance he'll get a 1B secondary because those cards are based on 1 year.
If he'll get a prime card, I also doubt he'll get that 1B secondary, because obviously he played CF throughout his best years.

Maybe there's a slight chance if he'll get a Signature Series card.

I don't think they will, but his fielding is high enough you could probably get away with it.

I will say though they gave Pujols 3B secondary and Foxx C secondary and neither made an appearance there in their respective MVP years.

SDS

It wouldn’t be a waste at all. There’s plenty of us with stacked outfields. Griffey Jr is still to come and I’m already fielding Cobb/Trout/Mantle. Mays at 1st let’s me use all of these guys.

SDS

Yes Hopefully Someone gets a 1B or other position 2ndary as Trout or Mantle could become bench players as Mays, Griffey are that good. But Mays or Griffey may be a BR Reward so that way our outfields can be set with a BIG 3

SDS

Mays’ bat last year, wasn’t nearly as good as Prestige Mantle this year.

With that being said, in the outfield, I’ve never used a card all year this year that was as smooth as him last year. His animations are great in the outfield and he just glided around.

SDS

With that being said, in the outfield, I’ve never used a card all year this year that was as smooth as him last year. His animations are great in the outfield and he just glided around.

SDS

@allmustfall16 said in Willie Mays first baseman:

I disagree. I'd take last year's Mays over this year's prestige Mantle.

SDS

@SoaringCoinPurse said in Willie Mays first baseman:

It wouldn’t be a waste at all. There’s plenty of us with stacked outfields. Griffey Jr is still to come and I’m already fielding Cobb/Trout/Mantle. Mays at 1st let’s me use all of these guys.

Griffey doesn’t even make my outfield

SDS

I honestly don’t care if he has 1B or not, the outfield and 1B are pretty much super stacked this year.

SDS

I would take Griffey Jr over Cobb in a heartbeat.