Who do you believe are the top 5 starting pitchers in MLB TS 20?

SDS

So who would you guys consider to be the top 5 starting pitchers in MLB TS 20?

SDS

Kluber, Hersh, Kersh, Maddux, Wood

SDS

Kluber is so far the #1 for me which is crazy since everyone has seen him so much yet he's just so [censored] effective. Here are my top-5 but this is extremely subjective and I use way more than 5 guys:

Kluber, Prestige Hersh, Prestige Maddux, Prestige Wood & Sale

I know some have given mixed reviews on Sale but the only time I've gotten in trouble is throwing the slider to a righty. Gets crushed every time. Every time. So for righties he becomes a FB / Change pitcher which has worked just fine. Against lefties, he's nasty. Wood is very hit or miss. If you get his confidence up, he's filthy. But he gets a hook if I can't locate as it becomes a walk fest. Maddux is very tough to hit and the Prestige version offers greater speed differentials and a little more juice on the FB. But some people square him up so again you need to just adjust to who your opponent is and keep them from getting too comfortable. This is why I've gone the opener route a lot as I like to see their lineup against a high heat reliever and then I make a decision between RHP/LHP and style of pitching. If the opponent can't square up 102, then its Wood and high heat relievers all-day.

SDS

Lately I have been pitching well with 99 Alec Mills. I also enjoy Paxton and Kluber.

SDS

Mize Kluber Orel wood kershaw

SDS

@jz2016cubs said in Who do you believe are the top 5 starting pitchers in MLB TS 20?:

Lately I have been pitching well with 99 Alec Mills. I also enjoy Paxton and Kluber.

This is just for me. From what I have heard, I would say the same as @CubsFan708

SDS

Hershiser and Wood are definitely my toughest to face. Maddux seems pretty tough too, even though I dont have any problems picking up his stuff I just dont seem to hit him. Kluber is probably still good even though I definitely dont mind facing him and hate using him. Tom Seaver mostly seems to pitch well for me too.

SDS

Ive heard Wood gets lit up on All-Star. I've used a few times on AS with decent success. There a secret to pitching with him?

SDS

Kershaw, Orel, Maddux, Mize, Wood.

Honorable mentions to Seaver, Hamels, and Marichal.

SDS

Kluber, Seaver, Mize, Kershaw, Wood.

SDS

@ICantHelpFalling said in Who do you believe are the top 5 starting pitchers in MLB TS 20?:

Ive heard Wood gets lit up on All-Star. I've used a few times on AS with decent success. There a secret to pitching with him?

Throw the fastball and cutter more than you think you should. Change up should be buried 90% of the time. Slurve is probably the best pitch he has but good hitters will look for it. Use it as a strikeout pitch sparingly or tunnel off the cutter. 12-6 basically shouldnt be thrown its garbage.

SDS

Hershiser, Kluber, Kershaw, Mize (don't have him, but he looks great), Seaver

HM: Sale, Maddux

SDS

[censored] Paxton, Maddux, Kershaw are a must. 4 and 5 spots I’ve been rotating guys Like Scherzer, Seaver, Strasburg, Burnett and Noah

SDS

Paxton is booty...

Hersh
Kluber
Maddux

Kershaw, Mize, Seaver, Wood and Feller to round out last 2 spots

SDS

Prestige Walter Johnson
Prestige Wood
Kershaw
Seaver
Believe it or not... Madison Bumgartner

SDS

I’m still doing well with Nick Lodolo.

My best stat wise have been:
Kluber
Newhouser
Lodolo
Nate Pearson 89 overall, under 2 era in about 140 innings pitched
5th slot has been a [censored] shoot and revolving door. Hopefully the new Vida Blue takes it over.

SDS

@ZFree1122 said in Who do you believe are the top 5 starting pitchers in MLB TS 20?:

@ICantHelpFalling said in Who do you believe are the top 5 starting pitchers in MLB TS 20?:

Throw the fastball and cutter more than you think you should. Change up should be buried 90% of the time. Slurve is probably the best pitch he has but good hitters will look for it. Use it as a strikeout pitch sparingly or tunnel off the cutter. 12-6 basically shouldnt be thrown its garbage.

This is pretty much how I use Wood also and he is very effective in my opinion. I have him prestiged also which might help but if you know how to pitch with him he's great. His fastball is so good that even when you get the feeling you might be over using it, it can still be effective. His slurve might be his best pitch. His control isn't the best but I think he can be effectively wild at times too, and his slurve has so much movement that it's tough to hit. 100% agree with the 12-6'er, hardly every throw it. If I do, it's a complete waste pitch that I'm trying to bounce so far in front of the plate just to give my opponent a different look.

SDS

Red kershaw
Red Orel
Red Maddux
Feller
Sale
HUGE DROP OFF
Pearson
Either Walter Johnson
Red wood
Red Paxton