Twitch question

SDS

In theory, if I was to do a Twitch stream, am I allowed to tell people about it here? Or will SDS ban me immediately?

Note 1: This is NOT an advertisement for a Twitch stream that I may or may not do. I just don't want to get in trouble. I would miss all of you too much if I'm banned 😞

Note 2: It would be the worst stream ever and would put my horrible PCI placement skills on exhibit.

SDS

@arvcpa said in Twitch question:

In theory, if I was to do a Twitch stream, am I allowed to tell people about it here? Or will SDS ban me immediately?

Note 1: This is NOT an advertisement for a Twitch stream that I may or may not do. I just don't want to get in trouble. I would miss all of you too much if I'm banned 😞

Note 2: It would be the worst stream ever and would put my horrible PCI placement skills on exhibit.

I don't think they would ban you, but not sure. Just hope that a mod responds to this. 🙂
@Pat_SDS @Collin_SDS @SDS_Jax
NOTE: There should be a button that you press that automatically tags all of the mods. 🙂

SDS

@jz2016cubs said in Twitch question:

Just hope that a mod responds to this.

Thanks for responding - I'll take a look at the "terms" to see if I'm violating anything.

SDS

I think they won't, unless that's all you do around here. There's a Youtuber named Ransom and he was only here to promote his channel, that's literally all he did. It was annoying because he clearly had no intentions of engaging with people and talk about the actual game, he just saw this as a good way of free advertising. I think the mods noticed because I haven't seen him in forever. Thankfully. Lol. But just mentioning you're streaming or whatever, I don't think they care.

SDS

I think as long as you are playing the show it really wouldn't matter cause it is free publicity the game so I feel like it wouldn't matter

SDS

@Boneman05 said in Twitch question:

I think as long as you are playing the show it really wouldn't matter cause it is free publicity the game so I feel like it wouldn't matter

Looks like you haven't seen MLB's new social media guidelines.

SDS

@raesONE said in Twitch question:

I think they won't, unless that's all you do around here. There's a Youtuber named Ransom and he was only here to promote his channel, that's literally all he did. It was annoying because he clearly had no intentions of engaging with people and talk about the actual game, he just saw this as a good way of free advertising. I think the mods noticed because I haven't seen him in forever. Thankfully. Lol. But just mentioning you're streaming or whatever, I don't think they care.

Ransom is in the Content Creators League page but you're right haven't seen him post all year.

SDS

Agreed. @arvcpa I put my podcast on here when I publish a new episode. It is ok, I would assume, because I also active on here for other stuff. Like, very active. 🙂 lol
I would agree with @raesONE If you are active on here, which you are, so I would say go ahead. Just make sure to post it in GD. That is where I post my pod stuff, so I would do that. When will you be streaming? I might watch, if I am home. 🙂

SDS

@TEXAS10PT said in Twitch question:

Ransom is in the Content Creators League page but you're right haven't seen him post all year.

Yeah I know. I have nothing against him, I just disliked how he used this forum to shove his channel down our throats. And he also has incredibly mediocre content to top it off 😂

SDS

For what it's worth I wouldn't be bothered if people starting posting they were starting a stream. Probably be able to find a few great streamers through the forums.

SDS

Trevor Bauer certainly doesn't like them...

SDS

He's right too. MLB could benefit tremendously from the type of content he provides, engaging with a younger audience specifically. Shame the dinosaurs can't see the potential in it.

SDS

@EvylShaun said in Twitch question:

For what it's worth I wouldn't be bothered if people starting posting they were starting a stream. Probably be able to find a few great streamers through the forums.

I would love for more people to share MLB content on here, as long as they are not on here JUST for that. I think that it would be fun!

SDS

He's right too. MLB could benefit tremendously from the type of content he provides, engaging with a younger audience specifically. Shame the dinosaurs can't see the potential in it.

I love his youtube channel.