The DH Is Here To Stay

SDS

I just heard Ron Darling on 'Boomer & Gio' here on WFAN in NY say it.
I think he would know since he's one of the most knowledgeable ex-players out there.
So next year in DD we'll get the universal DH.
I'm torn as it helps my Mets.

SDS

@TheGoaler said in The DH Is Here To Stay:

I think he would know since he's one of the most knowledgeable ex-players out there.

Personally, I don't want it. BUT if it helps the Cubs... The NL DH position hit AWFUL this year, but maybe that will change.
This is an interesting video talking about how the DH didn't go to the NL in the beginning, by MLB. Really good watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iydBofrt1pc

SDS

I would love to see the DH be implemented, permanently, in the National League. Not just because I pull for an AL team and thus I grew up watching baseball with the rule in place, but because...

1. It's great for pitchers. It reduces the chance/frequency of injuries and allows pitchers to perfect their craft.
  2. It allows hitters to prolong their careers, especially if they have a great bat but can't field. David Ortiz and Frank Thomas were DH's.
  3. I won't be kicking myself for forgetting to put relievers in the bullpen during conquest.
SDS

Ron Darling makes Joe Buck seem not that bad.

SDS

I won't believe it until the stooge confirms it.

SDS

lol @ taking what Ron Darling says as gospel

SDS

@thinkbluedgr said in The DH Is Here To Stay:

ikr right. get someone else in that box

SDS

@SpudXpert27 said in The DH Is Here To Stay:

Hey at least you don't have to listen to Kirk Gibson. Great guy and all, has Parkinson's, but he sounds like he's half-asleep when he talks. Tigers hit a go-ahead homer, and his reaction sounds like he just woke up from a nap.

I miss Rod and Mario.

SDS

@The_DoctorsWife said in The DH Is Here To Stay:

@SpudXpert27 said in The DH Is Here To Stay:

Hey at least you don't have to listen to Kirk Gibson. Great guy and all, has Parkinson's, but he sounds like he's half-asleep when he talks. Tigers hit a go-ahead homer, and his reaction sounds like he just woke up from a nap.

I miss Rod and Mario.

I listened to the Tigers game once, wasn't the best..... I mean, no offense, but it's not like he gets to be excited often. 🙂 In the next few years, but not yet.

SDS

As a fellow Mets fan, I don’t know how you can be torn about this. Not only have we had some of the best hitting pitchers recently, but some of the best moments have come with pitchers at the plate (i.e. bartolo, syndergaard)

SDS

I'm not into the universal DH, personally. It's all a preference thing based on how each individual person enjoys the game, but I've always enjoyed the nuance and added strategy of NL play.

SDS

The 2 worst things in baseball.....

The shift and the DH rule.

SDS

@TubaTim90 said in The DH Is Here To Stay:

As a fellow Mets fan, I don’t know how you can be torn about this. Not only have we had some of the best hitting pitchers recently, but some of the best moments have come with pitchers at the plate (i.e. bartolo, syndergaard)

That's true, but without the DH, we probably have nowhere for Dom to play. Add in what you said about our pitchers good hitting. That makes me torn.
Davis can DH sometimes as well as Rosario, because Gimenez is superior defensively.

As for those knocking Ron, he's as well prepared as an out of town broadcaster as there is. How many times have we seen guys parachute in to a national broadcast and don't know jack about a team they don't follow or cover on the regular?