New Player Series for MLB 21

SDS

I was thinking the other day what Iconic plays were made by some of my favorite players, like the Derek Jeter flip play, and I was like "How cool would it be if they made an Icon series for gold and silver players for when they made an iconic play?" It would be like Topps Now cards but for Legend players during an iconic game in their career. I don't think I explained it well, but I hope you get the gist of what I was talking about.

SDS

@KaptinKrunch00 said in New Player Series for MLB 21:

I was thinking the other day what Iconic plays were made by some of my favorite players, like the Derek Jeter flip play, and I was like "How cool would it be if they made an Icon series for gold and silver players for when they made an iconic play?" It would be like Topps Now cards but for Legend players during an iconic game in their career. I don't think I explained it well, but I hope you get the gist of what I was talking about.

That makes sense, but I don't think the Jeter play would work. But maybe the called shot, as an example. I like it!

SDS

@jz2016cubs said in New Player Series for MLB 21:

That makes sense, but I don't think the Jeter play would work. But maybe the called shot, as an example. I like it!

I was thinking diamond defense with pretty good speed, and splits depending on how he performed offensively in that game. But the Called shot is definitely one of those plays I had in mind

SDS

Jeter is a silver/gold player: confirmed.

SDS

I'm not a fan of this idea, as I'm not a fan of all the other clutter added in recent years either. I preferred the classic way things were, which was Live Series, Rookie, Breakout, All-Star, Hardware and Postseason. I do like the addition of Finest, but everything else is just clutter imo.

Edit: I forgot Impact Veteran.

SDS

@raesONE said in New Player Series for MLB 21:

I'm not a fan of this idea, as I'm not a fan of all the other clutter added in recent years either. I preferred the classic way things were, which was Live Series, Rookie, Breakout, All-Star, Hardware and Postseason. I do like the addition of Finest, but everything else is just clutter imo.

There is a lot of clutter, you're right. But remember that the clutter is used for the big collections like Trout. I don't mean to sound defensive but there is a pretty good reason for all those cards

SDS

There is a lot of clutter, you're right. But remember that the clutter is used for the big collections like Trout. I don't mean to sound defensive but there is a pretty good reason for all those cards

I think that this was also help them with content. Their job is to give us a bunch of content, and we choose if we want to use those cards.

SDS

I agree with this line of thought. More content isn’t always good content. I scroll through my inventory and realize I have 10 pages of high diamonds. Most of the cards I have no interest in. It is clutter. And unless you’re a hardcore baseball fan no one really knows these top prospects or care about a lot of the tops now cards. It’s just content inflation.

SDS

@QuinnyMcQuinn said in New Player Series for MLB 21:

I agree with this line of thought. More content isn’t always good content. I scroll through my inventory and realize I have 10 pages of high diamonds. Most of the cards I have no interest in. It is clutter. And unless you’re a hardcore baseball fan no one really knows these top prospects or care about a lot of the tops now cards. It’s just content inflation.

I agree with the clutter of diamonds, but I love the prospect cards. Not sure about the TN cards though.

SDS

I disagree. They can still make those collections with the programs as they were. A-Rod had 3 different 99 cards in 16, I didn't see a problem with that.

SDS

I get what hr saying, kinda like how madden is doing totw this year with 2 players from the past that played well that week. If u play madden u know what I mean. But out of 2k, madden, and mlb the show, mlb has the worst content from year to year, we see the same cards every single year and there are absolutely no promos, like in 2k there are ALWAYS new promos each year, and in madden there are the same seasonal promos but they add different ones every year.