Mantle... alternative?

SDS

I know this is heresy. I'm asking for a Mantle alternative.

I'm NOT a great hitter in general, but after 300 ABs, I'm hitting a pathetic .220 with Mantle. My numbers are very Joey-Gallow-like with more XBH than singles. However, I do have several players I hit "well" with in RS.

Trout (Awards), Sheffield (Awards), Ruth (Awards) - just over .300 each. I'm hitting over .300 with Cobb in limited ABs (less than 100).

So... do I give up on the Mantle experiment? I'm not sure what my problem is with him. Any recommendations for replacement? Or leave my OF at Trout/Cobb/Sheffied? Thank you.

SDS

@arvcpa said in Mantle... alternative?:

I'm NOT a great hitter in general, but after 300 ABs, I'm hitting a pathetic .220 with Mantle. My numbers are very Joey-Gallow-like with more XBH than singles. However, I do have several players I hit "well" with in RS.

Trout (Awards), Sheffield (Awards), Ruth (Awards) - just over .300 each. I'm hitting over .300 with Cobb in limited ABs (less than 100).

So... do I give up on the Mantle experiment? I'm not sure what my problem is with him. Any recommendations for replacement? Or leave my OF at Trout/Cobb/Sheffied? Thank you.

I would say you keep trying him. If you really can't hit with him, I like a Trout/Cobb/Walker outfield.

SDS

Mantle has a little bit slower of a swing and it’s tough to mentally adjust from guys like Trout and Sheffield.
That many ABs and I’d just retire him, as much as that sucks lol. Nothing wrong with Cobb though, and Griffey has got to be coming soon too.

SDS

@arvcpa said in Mantle... alternative?:

im rocking with collection trout, larry walker, and belli

SDS

I have a few suggestions

Awards - Mike Trout
FOTF - Eric Davis
Future Stars - Jo Adell
Future Stars - Luis Robert
Tops Now - Byron Buxton
Signature - Jim Edmonds

And if you don't mind secondary positioning

Awards - Stan Musial
Future Stars - Dylan Carlson

SDS

@MrGamebred said in Mantle... alternative?:

Mantle has a little bit slower of a swing and it’s tough to mentally adjust from guys like Trout and Sheffield.
That many ABs and I’d just retire him, as much as that sucks lol. Nothing wrong with Cobb though, and Griffey has got to be coming soon too.

Yeah Mantle has a really stage swing to get used to. It isn’t insanely slow but he struggles with high stuff an demolishes low pitches

SDS

yea just give up man sometimes it just wont work out. I am in the same boat with mantle. It seems these guys with a slower swing dont do well with me because im late on every fastball so you might be doing the same. Try Harper or Yelich

SDS

@the_dragon1912 said in Mantle... alternative?:

Yeah Mantle has a really stage swing to get used to. It isn’t insanely slow but he struggles with high stuff an demolishes low pitches

100%. It’s just slow enough to make it slightly awkward or off feeling. Once somebody explained this to me though, I’d start high with my PCI and that helps me counter balance that a little bit.