Finest collection

SDS

I believe last year guys like yelich and gerrit cole got the collection rewards for finest. Who are your predictions for this year?

SDS

soto and bauer

SDS

Soto with gold defense could potentially crack a lot of people’s lineups. Being a reds fan I would love to see a 99 Bauer but idk how well his card will do

SDS

I would doubt a 99 Bauer, as we will get a CY Young of it.
This is why there will not be finests until awards are out. They aren't gonna give a player two 99s from the same year. For example, Bauer. he isn't going to get a Cy Young card and a Finest card.
IF Yu Darvish wins the Cy Young (Still a chance) then he will get a finest.

SDS

MVFreeman

SDS

John Smoltz

SDS

They haven't given same year award cards in the past. Last year, the NL MVP and the NL Cy Young both got 99 finest cards. However, the AL MVP got a 99 Signature card, but no finest, and the AL Cy Young got a 99 Signature early in the game cycle, so he didn't get another 99 finest.

SDS

With the new Award card series this year, they may choose to issue same year Award cards for this year, but that would require them to not release the finest until after the awards are announced.

SDS

I'm going with Trout and Freeman for the big collection.

SDS

@samguenther1987 said in Finest collection:

Trout has never and will never get a finest card

SDS

@the_dragon1912 said in Finest collection:

@samguenther1987 said in Finest collection:

Trout has never and will never get a finest card

Good point i was actually just going with the theme of players getting 3/4 cards this year. Your very right though and in that case i think it could be Jose Abreu getting the 99 finest.

SDS

I would like to see the 2020 awards tied into Finest.

Collect 5 Finest Cards you get the AL ROY.

Collect 10 - NL ROY

15 - NL Cy Young Winner

20 - AL Cy Young Winner

30 - Both MVP cards

Or you could do the rewards at 10, 20 and 30 with you having to choose one at each landmark. This would work better if you make them sellable.

SDS

@MikeForbes101 said in Finest collection:

Collect 10 - NL ROY

15 - NL Cy Young Winner

20 - AL Cy Young Winner

30 - Both MVP cards

Or you could do the rewards at 10, 20 and 30 with you having to choose one at each landmark. This would work better if you make them sellable.

Probably wouldn’t work unless Abreu wins AL MVP. Because the other 2 options are a player that already has 2 99 cards and one that is going to win the AL Cy Young

SDS

@MikeForbes101 said in Finest collection:

Collect 10 - NL ROY

15 - NL Cy Young Winner

20 - AL Cy Young Winner

30 - Both MVP cards

This is a good idea. But I’d assume they will have some sort of moments attached to the collections similar to POTM with packs that have the best at each position cards in them. The team finest will be ie: Marcel Ozuna since fried has a 99 and freeman will likely be the MVP.