I think my PS4 console is on its last legs

SDS

Every now and then I get a pop up message stating that the LAN cable isn't connected; but I'm still online.

Also, if I try to look up someone's PSN ID about 90% of the time I get an Error message stating that this feature isn't available. If I back out and go back in, it works.

Plus when it runs it sounds like I have a jet airplane in my living room.

I did buy it used, back in April from Gamestop, and I did get the 1 yr warranty; buy EVERYTIME I call them to swap it out, there's none in stock.

SDS

I would tell them find one or you will sue them for your money back. A warrantee must be honored

SDS

I hope you can find a game system that works soon. For me I can't believe my game system has lasted almost 7 years.

SDS

@AGENTSxOFxCHAOS said in I think my PS4 console is on its last legs:

Every now and then I get a pop up message stating that the LAN cable isn't connected; but I'm still online.

Also, if I try to look up someone's PSN ID about 90% of the time I get an Error message stating that this feature isn't available. If I back out and go back in, it works.

I did buy it used, back in April from Gamestop, and I did get the 1 yr warranty; buy EVERYTIME I call them to swap it out, there's none in stock.

Sorry, but I started laughing when you said the thing about the jet airplane and Gamestop. 🙂

@pogibana said in I think my PS4 console is on its last legs:

I would tell them find one or you will sue them for your money back. A warrantee must be honored

DO IT! 🙂

SDS

@AGENTSxOFxCHAOS said in I think my PS4 console is on its last legs:

I had problems for years with my PS4 overheating and the fan always going into overdrive... as soon as any game with decent graphics started, my PS4 sounded like a weed whacker. It was so loud it would wake up my wife in the next room. So I bought a T9 security screwdriver set and a can of condensed air off Ebay, watched a couple instructional Youtube videos, and opened that sucker up. I nearly ruined it through carelessness, but I figured it out, found the fan and processor which were encased in a dust coccoon, and it’s been perfect ever since. The volume level has dropped 80% or more, no joke. I highly recommend trying it, because once the PS5 is out, who will want a PS4 anyway? You don’t have much to lose if you’re already about to fry the board from overheating. The stuff I bought cost less than $15 with shipping.

SDS

I can't help but wonder if buying the PS4 used is part of the problem. I made the mistake of buying a used DualShock controller from GameStop once, and it was fine at first, but it started doing the stick drift thing on me. Bought new controllers ever since.

I hope @asocial_grace is right and that it's just a huge wad of dust in the fan. Best of luck