Soto=Stocker/Bonds

SDS

Basically right?

SDS

Yeah, minus the speed, and vision. Though Bonds wasnt fast once he bulked up, but still faster than Soto I believe. And his vision would probably be maxed. The guy struck out over 100 times once in his career, 102, in his rookie year lol. Insane. Now power hitters K like 200-250 a season.

SDS

@ChuckCLC said in Soto=Stocker/Bonds:

Yeah, minus the speed, and vision. Though Bonds wasnt fast once he bulked up, but still faster than Soto I believe. And his vision would probably be maxed. The guy struck out over 100 times once in his career, 102, in his rookie year lol. Insane. Now power hitters K like 200-250 a season.

This is a bad take, undisciplined hitters strike out 200-250 times. Your true superstar hitters have much better eyes than that. Most of the top 50 in SO's this year were either players that had down years or young guys still learning what they like to swing at. I realy don't think teams are looking for Adam Dunn's right now.

Bonds career k% is 12.5%
Soto's so far is 19.2%

For the record Nelson Cruz who we can agree is a prototypical power hitter averages 22.5% for his career.

Assuming 600 ab's thats only 40k's over a whole season.

This is also a stat that usually improves over a career and Soto has already shown he has a very good eye.

Went to check. The only player over age 30 to ever k more than 200 times is Chris Davis, so I think that helps my arguement about young guys.

SDS

For the record Nelson Cruz who we can agree is a prototypical power hitter averages 22.5% for his career.

Striking out 22.5% in 600 ABs is 135 Ks

SDS

@ZFree1122 said in Soto=Stocker/Bonds:

@ChuckCLC said in Soto=Stocker/Bonds:

This is a bad take, undisciplined hitters strike out 200-250 times. Your true superstar hitters have much better eyes than that. Most of the top 50 in SO's this year were either players that had down years or young guys still learning what they like to swing at. I realy don't think teams are looking for Adam Dunn's right now.

Bonds career k% is 12.5%
Soto's so far is 19.2%

This is also a stat that usually improves over a career and Soto has already shown he has a very good eye.

Went to check. The only player over age 30 to ever k more than 200 times is Chris Davis, so I think that helps my arguement about young guys.

Yeah 200-250 was definitely an extreme example. But a lot of them strikeout a lot. Soto is not one of them. But still not close to Bonds.