12-0 Flawless Idea for 21

SDS

First off this isn’t my idea, I saw it on Reddit. A lot of people have mass amounts of stubs at some point in the game, usually towards the end of the games cycle like now. What if we could buy a non sellable 12-0 flawless BR reward pack for 1 million stubs? That would clear up some of the clutter of hundreds of people waiting on the same 1M stub buy order to go through for Chipper or Billy Wagner. It also gives players a chance to finally try out some of the rarest players of the year considering going 12-0 is harder than making World Series. Not only that it helps liquidate stubs for the year considering they don’t roll over to the next game.

SDS

Ideas like these have circulated before. I don't think this will ever happen because despite them being unsellable, this would take a lot of stubs out of players pockets who live in BR because the demand for those exotic cards will drop substantially. Those million stubs should go to the players who did the work and put in the effort to get where they are, not to the developers (basically just erasing stubs from the game's economy).

So let's say everyone can buy a 99 Chipper Jones for 1M in a non-sellable pack, everyone has millions and so everyone who can't go flawless will get him this way instead. Then I go flawless in BR the legit way, but I can't unload my Chipper because the demand for the card is now nonexistent as a result of these packs.

As a regular 12-0 player myself I therefore strongly oppose the idea and I think this whole market development where everyone has millions of stubs but can't buy cards because of the lack of availability should be mitigated in a different manner.

SDS

@raesONE said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

Ideas like these have circulated before. I don't think this will ever happen because despite them being unsellable, this would take a lot of stubs out of players pockets who live in BR because the demand for those exotic cards will drop substantially. Those million stubs should go to the players who did the work and put in the effort to get where they are, not to the developers (basically just erasing stubs from the game's economy).

So let's say everyone can buy a 99 Chipper Jones for 1M in a non-sellable pack, everyone has millions and so everyone who can't go flawless will get him this way instead. Then I go flawless in BR the legit way, but I can't unload my Chipper because the demand for the card is now nonexistent as a result of these packs.

As a regular 12-0 player myself I therefore strongly oppose the idea and I think this whole market development where everyone has millions of stubs but can't buy cards because of the lack of availability should be mitigated in a different manner.

I get this, but you are in the top 1% of this game as a player that can go 12 - 0 in BR in this game.

We need to think about the other 99% and make sure everyone else has some kind of chance at these BR rewards. Otherwise it systematically creates a kind of inequality of access which shouldn't be the case.

Sure, perhaps BR rewards should be somewhat hard and expensive to attain, but not the current state with this limited of a supply. Its a surprise that this kind of structural advantage for 12-0 players exists.

It massively rewards players who are already reaping more rewards than the rest of us considering how good they are at the game.

SDS

@ICantHelpFalling said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

@raesONE said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

Ideas like these have circulated before. I don't think this will ever happen because despite them being unsellable, this would take a lot of stubs out of players pockets who live in BR because the demand for those exotic cards will drop substantially. Those million stubs should go to the players who did the work and put in the effort to get where they are, not to the developers (basically just erasing stubs from the game's economy).

So let's say everyone can buy a 99 Chipper Jones for 1M in a non-sellable pack, everyone has millions and so everyone who can't go flawless will get him this way instead. Then I go flawless in BR the legit way, but I can't unload my Chipper because the demand for the card is now nonexistent as a result of these packs.

As a regular 12-0 player myself I therefore strongly oppose the idea and I think this whole market development where everyone has millions of stubs but can't buy cards because of the lack of availability should be mitigated in a different manner.

I get this, but you are in the top 1% of this game as a player that can go 12 - 0 in BR in this game.

We need to think about the other 99% and make sure everyone else has some kind of chance at these BR rewards. Otherwise it systematically creates a kind of inequality of access which shouldn't be the case.

Sure, perhaps BR rewards should be somewhat hard and expensive to attain, but not the current state with this limited of a supply. Its a surprise that this kind of structural advantage for 12-0 players exists.

It massively rewards players who are already reaping more rewards than the rest of us considering how good they are at the game.

I don't agree with this. The game is already incredibly generous towards players to make stubs and attain free end game cards. The flawless rewards are the only cards that are somewhat exclusive for us that you describe as 1%.

But that's not even the main point. The main point is that I, and players like me, worked very hard to be able to go 12-0. Some of us on a consistent basis. We didn't wake up one day and all of a sudden we were able to have success, we spent countless amounts of hours upon hours to develop a skill level that puts us in this situation, endured all the frustrations that go along with going into a deep run. We have earned the right to be somewhat exclusive in this regard and to just walz into the conversation and say "hey, think about the other 99% of the game. I don't care about your achievements and efforts", I think that sounds very selfish and also a little bit entitled.

SDS

I will never get to 12-0, but I'm fine with the "top 1-5%" of the players in this game getting something "special".

Us "normal" people still can earn 98% of the cards in this game, with a TON of 99-level players. I could make the argument that Juan Soto's card is better than the "unobtainable" Chipper.

P.S. If you are a 12-0 player (looking at you @raesONE ).... DON'T argue that Chipper is better. Let me have this one. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

SDS

@ICantHelpFalling said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

@raesONE said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

Ideas like these have circulated before. I don't think this will ever happen because despite them being unsellable, this would take a lot of stubs out of players pockets who live in BR because the demand for those exotic cards will drop substantially. Those million stubs should go to the players who did the work and put in the effort to get where they are, not to the developers (basically just erasing stubs from the game's economy).

So let's say everyone can buy a 99 Chipper Jones for 1M in a non-sellable pack, everyone has millions and so everyone who can't go flawless will get him this way instead. Then I go flawless in BR the legit way, but I can't unload my Chipper because the demand for the card is now nonexistent as a result of these packs.

As a regular 12-0 player myself I therefore strongly oppose the idea and I think this whole market development where everyone has millions of stubs but can't buy cards because of the lack of availability should be mitigated in a different manner.

I get this, but you are in the top 1% of this game as a player that can go 12 - 0 in BR in this game.

We need to think about the other 99% and make sure everyone else has some kind of chance at these BR rewards. Otherwise it systematically creates a kind of inequality of access which shouldn't be the case.

Sure, perhaps BR rewards should be somewhat hard and expensive to attain, but not the current state with this limited of a supply. Its a surprise that this kind of structural advantage for 12-0 players exists.

It massively rewards players who are already reaping more rewards than the rest of us considering how good they are at the game.

I understand what you’re saying sir. I actually agree with the previous gentleman. The BR rewards should be exclusive to the individuals that go 12-0. He might be in the top 1%, but that doesn’t mean the other 99% (myself included) have a “right” to use a BR reward. The only individuals that have the “right” to use a BR reward are those that win it. If they choose to unload it and someone wants to pay for it, then they have the “right”. But we can’t flood the market with BR reward packs. I think what SDS has done as an alternative is create these monstrosities they call “Finest” cards. These cards are on so many steroids they make Bonds and Big Mac look like Olive Oyle. And as a result I know see almost the same cards every game I play......even though there are a bazillion cards to choose from!

SDS

@arvcpa said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

I will never get to 12-0, but I'm fine with the "top 1-5%" of the players in this game getting something "special".

Us "normal" people still can earn 98% of the cards in this game, with a TON of 99-level players. I could make the argument that Juan Soto's card is better than the "unobtainable" Chipper.

P.S. If you are a 12-0 player (looking at you @raesONE ).... DON'T argue that Chipper is better. Let me have this one. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

To be fair with you, I honestly agree that Soto is better than Chipper.

SDS

@raesONE said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

To be fair with you, I honestly agree that Soto is better than Chipper.

See??? Was that so hard? Thank you!

SDS

Congratulations! You've just spent a million stubs on a 12-0 Flawless pack!

Here are your options:
90 BO Trevor Hoffman - https://theshownation.com/mlb20/items/3bb76268c4e97fceb80480530d8ee462
91 PS Jim Edmonds - https://theshownation.com/mlb20/items/fedffbe61a89c5dfcaf78473300cb3c7
97 Prime Dave Parker - https://theshownation.com/mlb20/items/d8405e1681f4d9e9e21d26be210caa7f

Yep, I foresee no issues with this whatsoever!!!

SDS

@ICantHelpFalling said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

@raesONE said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

Ideas like these have circulated before. I don't think this will ever happen because despite them being unsellable, this would take a lot of stubs out of players pockets who live in BR because the demand for those exotic cards will drop substantially. Those million stubs should go to the players who did the work and put in the effort to get where they are, not to the developers (basically just erasing stubs from the game's economy).

So let's say everyone can buy a 99 Chipper Jones for 1M in a non-sellable pack, everyone has millions and so everyone who can't go flawless will get him this way instead. Then I go flawless in BR the legit way, but I can't unload my Chipper because the demand for the card is now nonexistent as a result of these packs.

As a regular 12-0 player myself I therefore strongly oppose the idea and I think this whole market development where everyone has millions of stubs but can't buy cards because of the lack of availability should be mitigated in a different manner.

I get this, but you are in the top 1% of this game as a player that can go 12 - 0 in BR in this game.

We need to think about the other 99% and make sure everyone else has some kind of chance at these BR rewards. Otherwise it systematically creates a kind of inequality of access which shouldn't be the case.

Sure, perhaps BR rewards should be somewhat hard and expensive to attain, but not the current state with this limited of a supply. Its a surprise that this kind of structural advantage for 12-0 players exists.

It massively rewards players who are already reaping more rewards than the rest of us considering how good they are at the game.

[censored] on that. That's called a f'ing participation trophy, something that I am adamently opposed to. We're not all equal, and we're not going to have equal results. You have what you should have; the opportunity to go 12-0. I probably won't ever go 12-0, and I'm fine if they want to make them unsellable. Sure; I'll be bummed I missed out, but life is full of those missed opportunities.

SDS

Easy solution would be to not put desirable cards like Chipper as BR rewards and then no one would care if the rewards were a million stubs. Guys like Wagner, Feller, Alomar are fine because they aren’t absolute fan favorites like Chipper is. I’m fine with guys like Mays being a WS reward because WS still requires some skill to make, but not near as much as BR. Long story short Chipper has been darn near impossible to get for the last 4 games(not so bad in 18 but was still part of the immortal grind). If Chipper himself wasn’t one of the cards with a wait list we wouldn’t even be having this discussion

SDS

Make BR rewards no sell. Problem solved.

SDS

@raesONE is spot on with this one. Another point I’d like to bring up is that offline players have access to almost every card in the game. Every card you can obtain online is available on the market. However, there are quite a few end game cards that REQUIRE offline grinding. So honestly that’s not really fair to players that hate playing the cpu on veteran like me. Because of this, I’m very opposed to the idea devaluing 12-0 cards so that everyone can get them. Chipper, for example, is one of the few cards in the game that actually requires skill to obtain.

SDS

Even if people feel chipper is not attainable as a fan favorite, sds did a favor to all the other chipper fans and made him a boss(that can get prestiged). Anyone that can go 12-0 deserve what they get.

SDS

@raesONE and drafting tips for BR? I can't seem to make it past 6 wins.

SDS

@raesONE said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

@ICantHelpFalling said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

@raesONE said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

Ideas like these have circulated before. I don't think this will ever happen because despite them being unsellable, this would take a lot of stubs out of players pockets who live in BR because the demand for those exotic cards will drop substantially. Those million stubs should go to the players who did the work and put in the effort to get where they are, not to the developers (basically just erasing stubs from the game's economy).

So let's say everyone can buy a 99 Chipper Jones for 1M in a non-sellable pack, everyone has millions and so everyone who can't go flawless will get him this way instead. Then I go flawless in BR the legit way, but I can't unload my Chipper because the demand for the card is now nonexistent as a result of these packs.

As a regular 12-0 player myself I therefore strongly oppose the idea and I think this whole market development where everyone has millions of stubs but can't buy cards because of the lack of availability should be mitigated in a different manner.

I get this, but you are in the top 1% of this game as a player that can go 12 - 0 in BR in this game.

We need to think about the other 99% and make sure everyone else has some kind of chance at these BR rewards. Otherwise it systematically creates a kind of inequality of access which shouldn't be the case.

Sure, perhaps BR rewards should be somewhat hard and expensive to attain, but not the current state with this limited of a supply. Its a surprise that this kind of structural advantage for 12-0 players exists.

It massively rewards players who are already reaping more rewards than the rest of us considering how good they are at the game.

I don't agree with this. The game is already incredibly generous towards players to make stubs and attain free end game cards. The flawless rewards are the only cards that are somewhat exclusive for us that you describe as 1%.

But that's not even the main point. The main point is that I, and players like me, worked very hard to be able to go 12-0. Some of us on a consistent basis. We didn't wake up one day and all of a sudden we were able to have success, we spent countless amounts of hours upon hours to develop a skill level that puts us in this situation, endured all the frustrations that go along with going into a deep run. We have earned the right to be somewhat exclusive in this regard and to just walz into the conversation and say "hey, think about the other 99% of the game. I don't care about your achievements and efforts", I think that sounds very selfish and also a little bit entitled.

Yes, you worked hard and put in countless amount of hours to get to the level you are at over the years. That's a privilege unique to you and the 1% of those who can go on flawless 12 - 0 BR runs.

However the rest of us who are late to the party and havent been able to invest all that time don't have that same amount of privilege. Does that mean the other 99% of us should be held down and deprived of access to these BR rewards?

You should stand in solidarity with the other 99% of us who will never be able to go on a flawless run and encourage SDS to consider equal access for all of it's player base.

Plenty of us haven't been able to invest the time needed to get as good as players like you who can pull of these flawless BR runs - which is not necessarily a fault of our own. Newer players - especially in the last year or two - will always be at a structural disadvantage when it comes to the experience and reps that help one go on a BR run.

We can't catch up in that regards. That's a level of privilege that older players will always maintain - a definite structural advantage just on time played. You and other players are already standing on the top of the tower in that regards.

We are just asking that you allow the other 99% a chance to stand on the top of that tower as well - something the current BR reward system doesn't allow and essentially reinforces the current system of rewarding the 1% of players who are privileged to be incredible at this game.

SDS

@ICantHelpFalling said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

@raesONE said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

@ICantHelpFalling said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

@raesONE said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

Ideas like these have circulated before. I don't think this will ever happen because despite them being unsellable, this would take a lot of stubs out of players pockets who live in BR because the demand for those exotic cards will drop substantially. Those million stubs should go to the players who did the work and put in the effort to get where they are, not to the developers (basically just erasing stubs from the game's economy).

So let's say everyone can buy a 99 Chipper Jones for 1M in a non-sellable pack, everyone has millions and so everyone who can't go flawless will get him this way instead. Then I go flawless in BR the legit way, but I can't unload my Chipper because the demand for the card is now nonexistent as a result of these packs.

As a regular 12-0 player myself I therefore strongly oppose the idea and I think this whole market development where everyone has millions of stubs but can't buy cards because of the lack of availability should be mitigated in a different manner.

I get this, but you are in the top 1% of this game as a player that can go 12 - 0 in BR in this game.

We need to think about the other 99% and make sure everyone else has some kind of chance at these BR rewards. Otherwise it systematically creates a kind of inequality of access which shouldn't be the case.

Sure, perhaps BR rewards should be somewhat hard and expensive to attain, but not the current state with this limited of a supply. Its a surprise that this kind of structural advantage for 12-0 players exists.

It massively rewards players who are already reaping more rewards than the rest of us considering how good they are at the game.

I don't agree with this. The game is already incredibly generous towards players to make stubs and attain free end game cards. The flawless rewards are the only cards that are somewhat exclusive for us that you describe as 1%.

But that's not even the main point. The main point is that I, and players like me, worked very hard to be able to go 12-0. Some of us on a consistent basis. We didn't wake up one day and all of a sudden we were able to have success, we spent countless amounts of hours upon hours to develop a skill level that puts us in this situation, endured all the frustrations that go along with going into a deep run. We have earned the right to be somewhat exclusive in this regard and to just walz into the conversation and say "hey, think about the other 99% of the game. I don't care about your achievements and efforts", I think that sounds very selfish and also a little bit entitled.

Yes, you worked hard and put in countless amount of hours to get to the level you are at over the years. That's a privilege unique to you and the 1% of those who can go on flawless 12 - 0 BR runs.

However the rest of us who are late to the party and havent been able to invest all that time don't have that same amount of privilege. Does that mean the other 99% of us should be held down and deprived of access to these BR rewards?

You should stand in solidarity with the other 99% of us who will never be able to go on a flawless run and encourage SDS to consider equal access for all of it's player base.

Plenty of us haven't been able to invest the time needed to get as good as players like you who can pull of these flawless BR runs - which is not necessarily a fault of our own. Newer players - especially in the last year or two - will always be at a structural disadvantage when it comes to the experience and reps that help one go on a BR run.

We can't catch up in that regards. That's a level of privilege that older players will always maintain - a definite structural advantage just on time played. You and other players are already standing on the top of the tower.

We are just asking that you allow the other 99% a chance to stand on the top of that tower as well - something the current BR reward system doesn't allow and essentially reinforces the current system of rewarding the 1% of players who are privileged to be incredible at this game.

Only way you should “stand at the top of the tower” is if you put the work in and get good at the game like the rest of us. I was terrible at the game the first year I played. Not once did I complain that I was unable to obtain certain cards that I wanted bc I wasn’t “top 1%”. Instead, I just focused on getting better.

SDS

@the_dragon1912 said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

Easy solution would be to not put desirable cards like Chipper as BR rewards

Anyone else wanna tell him the flaw in this theory?

SDS

There should ways be rewards for the hardest things to accomplish. Totally acceptable that they put some cards in as the rewards for those accomplishments. They shouldnt be Ruth/Bonds type cards imo, but powerful less evergreen cards. Wagner, Sale, Gossage type cards.

SDS

@ICantHelpFalling said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

@raesONE said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

@ICantHelpFalling said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

@raesONE said in 12-0 Flawless Idea for 21:

Ideas like these have circulated before. I don't think this will ever happen because despite them being unsellable, this would take a lot of stubs out of players pockets who live in BR because the demand for those exotic cards will drop substantially. Those million stubs should go to the players who did the work and put in the effort to get where they are, not to the developers (basically just erasing stubs from the game's economy).

So let's say everyone can buy a 99 Chipper Jones for 1M in a non-sellable pack, everyone has millions and so everyone who can't go flawless will get him this way instead. Then I go flawless in BR the legit way, but I can't unload my Chipper because the demand for the card is now nonexistent as a result of these packs.

As a regular 12-0 player myself I therefore strongly oppose the idea and I think this whole market development where everyone has millions of stubs but can't buy cards because of the lack of availability should be mitigated in a different manner.

I get this, but you are in the top 1% of this game as a player that can go 12 - 0 in BR in this game.

We need to think about the other 99% and make sure everyone else has some kind of chance at these BR rewards. Otherwise it systematically creates a kind of inequality of access which shouldn't be the case.

Sure, perhaps BR rewards should be somewhat hard and expensive to attain, but not the current state with this limited of a supply. Its a surprise that this kind of structural advantage for 12-0 players exists.

It massively rewards players who are already reaping more rewards than the rest of us considering how good they are at the game.

I don't agree with this. The game is already incredibly generous towards players to make stubs and attain free end game cards. The flawless rewards are the only cards that are somewhat exclusive for us that you describe as 1%.

But that's not even the main point. The main point is that I, and players like me, worked very hard to be able to go 12-0. Some of us on a consistent basis. We didn't wake up one day and all of a sudden we were able to have success, we spent countless amounts of hours upon hours to develop a skill level that puts us in this situation, endured all the frustrations that go along with going into a deep run. We have earned the right to be somewhat exclusive in this regard and to just walz into the conversation and say "hey, think about the other 99% of the game. I don't care about your achievements and efforts", I think that sounds very selfish and also a little bit entitled.

Yes, you worked hard and put in countless amount of hours to get to the level you are at over the years. That's a privilege unique to you and the 1% of those who can go on flawless 12 - 0 BR runs.

However the rest of us who are late to the party and havent been able to invest all that time don't have that same amount of privilege. Does that mean the other 99% of us should be held down and deprived of access to these BR rewards?

You should stand in solidarity with the other 99% of us who will never be able to go on a flawless run and encourage SDS to consider equal access for all of it's player base.

Plenty of us haven't been able to invest the time needed to get as good as players like you who can pull of these flawless BR runs - which is not necessarily a fault of our own. Newer players - especially in the last year or two - will always be at a structural disadvantage when it comes to the experience and reps that help one go on a BR run.

We can't catch up in that regards. That's a level of privilege that older players will always maintain - a definite structural advantage just on time played. You and other players are already standing on the top of the tower.

We are just asking that you allow the other 99% a chance to stand on the top of that tower as well - something the current BR reward system doesn't allow and essentially reinforces the current system of rewarding the 1% of players who are privileged to be incredible at this game.

Look Save your stubs from the start of the game cycle, every year the WS and BR cards usually cost the most in stubs. Be the first to put in buy orders. If you do not get the card oh well it is not that big of a deal with all the other options. We normal people have the option of the Chipper you can prestige so it is not like you can not play with a very good Chipper Card. If you are late to the party understand that the rest of us that been at the party from the start deserve what we earn. Now that you are late you have to work that much harder. If you do not have the time to play DD asking for handouts is not the way. Not everyone is an equal player. Not everyone deserves to have every card just cause. I would love to have every card in the game but my choices, time and not being good does not allow it.

Log in to reply