I have regressed in hitting

SDS

I've been playing the show on and off offline for years, since it came out. Last year I decided to start playing diamond dynasty and this year I became completely dedicated to it. I was slowly getting better at hitting every game and I finally made it to championship series last season at the very end. This season I got up to wild card and then all of a sudden I went into a super funk. I cannot hit to save my life. I can't even put across one or two runs, which is frustrating because my opponent somehow launches a good pitch with perfect release at some point in the 5th or 6th innin after i've been lights out and then I go lights out again, but cannot score. I was hitting the fastball every time it was thrown for a while. All of a sudden I am late on it every single time and I'm having trouble seeing/tracking the ball. What is happening and how do I become a consistently good hitter. The game is getting to not even be fun anymore. I'm playing on a samsung monitor, link below. It may not be ideal but it's better than a tv and I shouldn't be doing this terrible. Please help me make this game fun again and make a run for world series!

https://www.staples.com/samsung-lc24f396fhnxza-24-lcd-monitor-high-glossy-black/product_IM12QU830?cid=EM:shipped::sku&&data-cta-category=[PRODUCT]&akamai-feo=off

SDS

Your monitor's response time is 4 millisecond. You might try getting a one millisecond monitor. It appears the monitor isn't necessarily made for gaming.

SDS

Your monitor has a low input lag of 9.2ms. No reason to waste money on a new one. Unless you are gonna get a PS5, then you want something higher than 60hz so you can take advantage of the faster frame mode up to 120FPS. Which of course you would want a monitor with at least 120hz refresh rate.

The hitting just takes practice. I too have regressed this year as the year has went on. I chalk it up to simply not playing near as much though. I also think the connection this year between 2 players playing is just horrible for the most part and inconsistent. Just too hard to get better when this is the case.

SDS

Thanks for the responses. So you think a monitor with 1 ms response time and lower input lag will make a difference from my monitor. I was actually looking to start using this one for my computer and getting an Alienware with 1 ms and 200+ hz but wasn’t sure if it would make that much of a difference.

SDS

If you just put your playstation in sleep mode and dont turn it off regularly, it runs poorly. I dont know why, but when I am in a funk, I turn the ps off then turn it back on, check my internet connection, then fire up the show... Also, dont play when you are tired or frustrated

SDS

some days im swinging an airplane wing as a bat and other days im swinging a bat made out of Casper the friendly ghost. Just have to except it. A monitor may bring you a few more hits but generally will come with the same disappointment and have you questioning everything you do in the game

SDS

I’ve gotten a lot worse at the game too. I think playing off and on is the reason. Would probably get better again playing more consistently