Gaming monitor suggestions.

SDS

Trying to find the best monitor without spending a ton. What should I be looking for and is getting a 4K monitor the suggested route?

SDS

I bought a MSI 32' montior for under $300.00 at Walmart. Remember it;s an investment right now, if you plan on buying a PS5 or Xbox in the future.

SDS

The Grundle Mkz 3000 is solid and UNDER priced

SDS

I think it depends on what you're going to be using a monitor for. If you're going to be getting a PS5 or using it for PC gaming, definitely get a 120hz+ monitor. If it's just going to be for PS4 for the foreseeable future, 60hz is just fine. You want 1ms response time, ideally.

I've said it before and to a few others, but I strongly recommend checking out pawn shops and thrift stores. I bought my BenQ Zowie used for $43 from a pawn shop, and my 144Hz AOC was also $47 from a pawn shop.

SDS

@LankyRyan said in Gaming monitor suggestions.:

I think it depends on what you're going to be using a monitor for. If you're going to be getting a PS5 or using it for PC gaming, definitely get a 120hz+ monitor. If it's just going to be for PS4 for the foreseeable future, 60hz is just fine. You want 1ms response time, ideally.

I've said it before and to a few others, but I strongly recommend checking out pawn shops and thrift stores. I bought my BenQ Zowie used for $43 from a pawn shop, and my 144Hz AOC was also $47 from a pawn shop.

"Down here at the pawn shop...the only way to shop"

SDS

So 60hz or more and is there somewhere I can look to see the response time? Where do I look on the monitor to determine everything?

SDS

@BalsamicArrow88 said in Gaming monitor suggestions.:

So 60hz or more and is there somewhere I can look to see the response time? Where do I look on the monitor to determine everything?

rtings.com is a great resource for comparing monitors and getting a deep dive on specs.