Tommy Lasorda

SDS

Currently in the ICU. Hope he gets better!
I never got to see him manage, but I heard he was great. 🙂

SDS

I hope he's ok too. Lasorda said his secret to success was getting the most out of every player. getting them to give 100% on the field. He had a special ability to do that and that's evident with the 88 team.
He's also know for his pep talks. He was a good motivational speaker.
And he was so proud to be a Dodger.
A Dodger great no doubt.

SDS

He got a mascot ejected from a game once. I was there. I hated him.

What a man.

SDS

@cavalier_0013 said in Tommy Lasorda:

What a man.

You were at that game where he destroyed that mascot!? Lucky! lol

SDS

No, the game he had our mascot, Youpi!, ejected from the game in the 11th inning of a 22 inning game that we lost 1-0.

SDS

Slim fast.

SDS

No, the game he had our mascot, Youpi!, ejected from the game in the 11th inning of a 22 inning game that we lost 1-0.

Did you stay for all 22 innings? 🙂

SDS

@jz2016cubs said in Tommy Lasorda:

Yes sir. I was at that game with my mother. Was 19 at the time.

Amazing game.

Come to think of it, I had 2 amazing games at the Olympic Stadium....both against the Dodgers, and we lost both. The 22 inning game was the 2nd one, but the game on Monday, October 19th, 1981, that one still hurts. Rick Monday hit a bomb off Steve Rogers in relief in the top of the 9th. We had won the NLDS against the Phillies and lost the NLCS to the Dodgers.

I remember rooting so hard for the Yankees to destroy them in the World Series and instead, they won the WS 4-2. As a 9 year old, I thought the world was agains1t me!!!! 🙂

SDS

Funniest thing ever was Lasorda getting interviewed after a game where Dave Kingman had hit 3 home runs against the Dodgers. The guys asked Lasorda what he thought of Kingman's performance. Tommy went off for what seemed like 5 minutes. If you watch it on Youtube, every other word is blanked out because he dropped so many F bombs.

SDS

@jz2016cubs said in Tommy Lasorda:

Yes sir. I was at that game with my mother. Was 19 at the time.

Amazing game.

Come to think of it, I had 2 amazing games at the Olympic Stadium....both against the Dodgers, and we lost both. The 22 inning game was the 2nd one, but the game on Monday, October 19th, 1981, that one still hurts. Rick Monday hit a bomb off Steve Rogers in relief in the top of the 9th. We had won the NLDS against the Phillies and lost the NLCS to the Dodgers.

I remember rooting so hard for the Yankees to destroy them in the World Series and instead, they won the WS 4-2. As a 9 year old, I thought the world was agains1t me!!!! 🙂

Montreal had a GREAT team that year!!

SDS

What a man.

I’ve seen that game in its entirety several times on YouTube. The French broadcast somehow was able to pick up everything Lasorda said to Youppi. What a piece of work. I am so jealous you were there. One of the greatest games of the 1980s.