Cobb or Griffey

SDS

Who should I buy for CF? Cobb or Griffey?
Thanks in advance!

SDS

Just earn Griffey, buy Cobb. Both great cards

SDS

@OreoRockstar said in Cobb or Griffey:

Just earn Griffey, buy Cobb. Both great cards

Sorry, I should clarify. Buying, which one? I am close to 99 Trout, and then have Mantle. So then: Griffey or Cobb? Sry for the confusion. 🙂

SDS

Cobb all the way. Put him in LF Trout in CF and Mantle in RF. Cobb has unreal Power even though his card says 90 power. Mays is the only OF to break that combo

SDS

If you're going to play whichever one you get in CF, I'd probably suggest Griffey. Cobb's D is great for CF but his arm is more suited for LF. Ive had Cobb in LF for a long time and love that card. I just got Griffey and have only used him in 2 games so far so can't say much about that card yet. I like what I saw after 2 games, but still, only 2 games.

SDS

@DeadPhish1976 said in Cobb or Griffey:

If you're going to play whichever one you get in CF, I'd probably suggest Griffey. Cobb's D is great for CF but his arm is more suited for LF. Ive had Cobb in LF for a long time and love that card. I just got Griffey and have only used him in 2 games so far so can't say much about that card yet. I like what I saw after 2 games, but still, only 2 games.

I could always put Mantle in Center, it doesn't matter. 🙂 OR I might put Trout in Center, not sure

SDS

@jz2016cubs said in Cobb or Griffey:

@DeadPhish1976 said in Cobb or Griffey:

I could always put Mantle in Center, it doesn't matter. 🙂 OR I might put Trout in Center, not sure

Its a tough call with so many good options in the OF right now. I just bought Griffey and Soto so the 5 OF's on my team are those 2, and then Cobb, Trout, and Mantle. Soto will most likely primarily be a bench bat for me because of his defense and ill just mess around with the other 4 and see what I do best with. My last 2 games I had Griffey in CF, Cobb in LF, and Trout in right. Before I got Griffey and Soto my OF for the longest time has been Cobb in LF, Mickey in CF, and Trout in right. If/when my Mays order goes through that'll complicate things even more.

SDS

I run Trout Mantle and Grif. Mantle and Trout give you great speed as well. I keep Cobb on my bench, as well as Wagner, and Soto. Together they pretty much do it all. Grif's swing has been nasty for me, I can't miss. It was a job knocking Walker out of left but Grif did it.

SDS

Griffey really has a sweet swing. If you did well with his HRD card than you will love the new one. I feel like Cobb and Wagner are the same cards, but Wagner gets more positions. Cobbs arm is noticable after you have played with Mantle. The speed on Griffey is not great but I feel he plays faster, more like a 90 speed. Wagner is my all purpose guy on the bench but he hits great for me in RS i might have to find an everyday place for him. Right now I have Griffey in CF, Trout in right and Soto in LF with Mantle on the bench. Soto is just too good to leave out of the OF which then allow me to have Mantles switch hitting and speed available later in the game. The big thing is find a swing you like, to me it is all about feel with these guys since stats are so close.

SDS

Did you sell Griffey originally? From 10th inning

SDS

@WDK19 said in Cobb or Griffey:

Did you sell Griffey originally? From 10th inning

Haven't grinded him out, don't plan on it. I have been busy lately.

SDS

Problem with Soto is his mediocre defense. His bat is very similar to Ted Williams, who also lacks defensively. I tend to go for Griffey/Cobb/Trout as the starting OF, then have Soto, Williams, Musial off the bench if offense is needed..

SDS

Cobb is great, but I wouldn’t put his noodle arm in CF

SDS

@smalltownkid1990 said in Cobb or Griffey:

Cobb is great, but I wouldn’t put his noodle arm in CF

LF all the way for Cobb.