The game that might make me quit forever (not really, but long rant coming)

SDS

Just played the most annoying jackass of an opponent ive ever played in four years of diamond dynasty.

[censored] starts out by intentionally walking. Y first hitter, then steps off multiple timers diving with his pitcher. I get a couple runs across. His turn at bat, he bunt dances. Proceeds to do this throughout the entire game. Every single batter. 0-2, perfect release, and I hit him. I never believed in RNG or ai assist, but it seems like every single favor the computer can give to this guy, they give it to him. I try to pick him off, ball gets thrown into the outfield. Every time I get two strikes on him, he check swings into walks. All the time bunt dancing and taking the extra lead. He hits a line drive to cf that my outfielder proceeds to run over for an inside the park home run.

I get up 3-1 on him. He gets yet another guy on due to him checking swinging his way out of an 0-2 count, I hang another good release and he hits it over the wall, tie game.

Bottom of the 9th, it’s tied. I got 2 outs on him and once again can’t find the plate. Every pitch is on the black and every one is a ball. I walk the bases loaded and guess what he does? Squeezes in the winning run. Game over. Jackass wins 4-3. Did I mention the fact he was bunt dancing every single batter, taking the extra lead with every runner and when I had a runner on base was stepping off multiple times, running around and diving with his pitcher?

I’ve had a tough go of it this season, what with the home run derby this game has become, am 37-40 a season after making CS and struggling, but this loss, against this SOB really takes the cake

I am debating posting his user name on the forum, but that would violate the Terms, but you can look it up in my game history. It’s the last game played on 11/15 and the moron used his real name as his CAP.

How do yoi recover from a loss like this? I’ve been losing a lot, but not against ***holes such as this. This might be what finally takes me away from this game for the year.

SDS

It doesn’t hurt when you lose to a quality opponent; it stings badly when you lose to a douchebag. I felt like that last night and asked myself if I still wanted to play this game. This game would be 1000 times better if there weren’t so many toxic people playing.

SDS

Even the prevalence of dashboarding during events (when you've done nothing that would annoy your opponent) is ruining the online game for me. They gain nothing except the enjoyment of knowing they've taken away your prestige stats. It's a show of disrespect. I'll get over it, but in that moment it's frustrating... watching a perfect-perfect drive by one of your favourite prestige players sail over the wall only to "lose connection with your opponent".

Take some time to play another game, or play offline for a bit. Or spend the next few months trying to track down a PS5. You'll come back.

SDS

@writetoshawn said in The game that might make me quit forever (not really, but long rant coming):

It doesn’t hurt when you lose to a quality opponent; it stings badly when you lose to a douchebag. I felt like that last night and asked myself if I still wanted to play this game. This game would be 1000 times better if there weren’t so many toxic people playing.

I was feeling pretty good about the show today until that game. I lost 2 out of 3 but one loss was against a guy that just hit everything and was better than me, and the other lost was a game I should’ve won, but I was distracted by the Seahawks losing, so that’s on me.

To lose a game against a real d bag, and to have the AI seemingly bail him out time and time again. That really stings.

SDS

@InigoMontoya_75 said in The game that might make me quit forever (not really, but long rant coming):

Even the prevalence of dashboarding during events (when you've done nothing that would annoy your opponent) is ruining the online game for me. They gain nothing except the enjoyment of knowing they've taken away your prestige stats. It's a show of disrespect. I'll get over it, but in that moment it's frustrating... watching a perfect-perfect drive by one of your favourite prestige players sail over the wall only to "lose connection with your opponent".

Take some time to play another game, or play offline for a bit. Or spend the next few months trying to track down a PS5. You'll come back.

The aforementioned game was played on a PS5. It’s the only thing that prevented me from throwing the controller. Just kidding...maybe.

SDS

who did he bunt with? just curious

SDS

@onnagood1 said in The game that might make me quit forever (not really, but long rant coming):

Wagner. The way he’s been playing the whole game, I should’ve expected a two out bases loaded squeeze. Honestly not a bad horrible play to make with Honus. I’m more mad at the fact that I lost to a jackass who bunt danced every pitch, stepped off the mound and dove with his pitcher multiple times on almost every runner I had and to get RNGed on pitches and errors on top of it.

SDS

@MarinerMatt01 said in The game that might make me quit forever (not really, but long rant coming):

@onnagood1 said in The game that might make me quit forever (not really, but long rant coming):

Wagner. The way he’s been playing the whole game, I should’ve expecting a two out bases loaded squeeze with admittedly a good bunter. I’m more mad at the fact that I lost to a jackass of a player.

Yeah, i always use bunt defense against speedsters who are good bunters, despite how good their power attributes might be, especially when they're struggling hitting. That usually deters them from trying. It seems that anytime that I don't use bunt defense, they'll try to take advantage of it. That's just me though. But I get where you're coming from.

SDS

@MarinerMatt01 said in The game that might make me quit forever (not really, but long rant coming):

Wagner. The way he’s been playing the whole game, I should’ve expecting a two out bases loaded squeeze with admittedly a good bunter. I’m more mad at the fact that I lost to a jackass of a player.

Yeah, i always use bunt defense against speedsters who are good bunters, despite how good their power attributes might be, especially when they're struggling hitting. That usually deters them from trying. It seems that anytime that I don't use bunt defense, they'll try to take advantage of it. That's just me though. But I get where you're coming from.

He was bunting a lot that game. I used bunt defense a few times. Not that time though. I was upset over my back to back walks after being head on the count both times and then suddenly not finding the plate. The game from hell.

SDS

Btw, I wish there was some sort of opponent ranking system to deal with the d bags and dashboarders. Where you could upvote or downvote the person you just played. It would have to be weighted of course, because I can see a lot of sore people giving out a ton of downvotes, but I’m sure they could figure out an algorithm. For instance, a scale of 1-5 with 1 being lowest. A 1 vote from a player that always gives out 1s would carry a lot less weight than a 1 vote from a player who often votes 4s and 5s. This could then be implemented into the matchmaking and eventually, the lower rated player would only be matched up with one another. Where they can compete to be king of their own private hell.

SDS

the shenanigans seem to be the biggest issue. The bunting is what it is. It really is too easy in this game but I admit I do it situationally and if I was in his position and you walked the bases loaded AND left you're guys back I'd probably bunt too.

I was flipping through some twitch streams and happened upon one tonight, pretty popular guy, beats this kid with a walkoff and then starts to berate him and talk [censored] because apparently the kid brought in a knuckleballer earlier in the game. A MLB pitcher mind you, not an 11ft tall stringbean submariner named yo mama... I had a streamer get mad at me because he thought I was buntdancing him when all I was doing was flashing to indicate good pitch, I did it twice all game, then he lost it when I bunted situationally calling it a bs undefendable play..

I get people have frustrations, and I def get being annoyed by the bunt dancing pitcher diving shennanigans but as far as bunting, or knuckleballers, or other strategies I don't get it. I'll bunt flash once in awhile and take a lead to try and induce a high fastball.. just like in real life... I'll bunt of you're giving me a free base, especially if I can't hit you're stuff. That's the game.

SDS

@Hubijerk said in The game that might make me quit forever (not really, but long rant coming):

the shenanigans seem to be the biggest issue. The bunting is what it is. It really is too easy in this game but I admit I do it situationally and if I was in his position and you walked the bases loaded AND left you're guys back I'd probably bunt too.

I was flipping through some twitch streams and happened upon one tonight, pretty popular guy, beats this kid with a walkoff and then starts to berate him and talk [censored] because apparently the kid brought in a knuckleballer earlier in the game. A MLB pitcher mind you, not an 11ft tall stringbean submariner named yo mama... I had a streamer get mad at me because he thought I was buntdancing him when all I was doing was flashing to indicate good pitch, I did it twice all game, then he lost it when I bunted situationally calling it a bs undefendable play..

I get people have frustrations, and I def get being annoyed by the bunt dancing pitcher diving shennanigans but as far as bunting, or knuckleballers, or other strategies I don't get it. I'll bunt flash once in awhile and take a lead to try and induce a high fastball.. just like in real life... I'll bunt of you're giving me a free base, especially if I can't hit you're stuff. That's the game.

Yeah i get what you’re saying. Not so mad at the bunt at the end of the game, I’ve won games in a similar fashion. It’s all the assholery that went along with it on every single batter.

SDS

@Hubijerk said in The game that might make me quit forever (not really, but long rant coming):

Yeah i get what you’re saying. Not so mad at the bunt at the end of the game, I’ve won games in a similar fashion. It’s all the assholery that went along with it on every single batter.

I feel you there brother... And kudos on slipping assholery past the goalie...

SDS

Back on the horse! I won my next game 6-1. Still couldn’t find the plate for the life of me, but the opponent wasn’t a [censored] and it didn’t feel like I was playing against code.

Btw I moved my idea for an opponent ranking system into its own thread, so people can tell me what an awful idea it is over there. 🙂