LMAO Fielders choice?!?!?!?

SDS

Just lost an event game in a horrible fashion. I suck. Bottom of the third I’m up 4-1 and he gets a couple of hits to get to 4-2 and has one out. He has man on and Correa comes up. He grounds to Finest Machado who’s throw takes the first baseman off the bag and Correa safe. I don’t have to tell you Jr hit a 3 run bomb next. What i did find interesting is the game log says the play was “Fielders Choice” and not an error. He never advanced his runner so not sure why it says that. Unless the tinfoil wanted me to lose this one. Sorry so long I’m just sad 😞

SDS

Button accuracy is your friend

SDS

@Hikes83 said in LMAO Fielders choice?!?!?!?:

Button accuracy is your friend

Very insightful. So many diamond defenses in this Gold Glove event to see sht like that

SDS

Well you take 100% of RNG out on throws by using button accuracy. But hey, you do you

SDS

@Hikes83 said in LMAO Fielders choice?!?!?!?:

Well you take 100% of RNG out on throws by using button accuracy. But hey, you do you

👍

SDS

Yeah, throws are ONLY to blame on the user input. Since it is one of the few things that can be 100% controlled by us. Not to dwell on that as you seem more interested in the way the play was scored. For some reason almost all errors in this game are either scored as hits or FC. That is just how it is. If they werent games would end with multiple errors on both sides way too often and people would have proof the game doesnt play right. But by scoring a very high percentage of plays that should be made as hits or FC instead of errors it allows an excuse for developers to fall back on when we say fielding sucks. Also makes for more hits scored which gives them another out. It has actually been that way last couple years. it isnt right, but it is what it is. I have even had games where a play was scored an error but when you go back and look after the game at the line score the error is gone.

Bottom line, IT IS HARD TO GET CHARGED FOR AN ERROR IN MLB TS.

SDS

@ChuckCLC said in LMAO Fielders choice?!?!?!?:

Yeah, throws are ONLY to blame on the user input. Since it is one of the few things that can be 100% controlled by us. Not to dwell on that as you seem more interested in the way the play was scored. For some reason almost all errors in this game are either scored as hits or FC. That is just how it is. If they werent games would end with multiple errors on both sides way too often and people would have proof the game doesnt play right. But by scoring a very high percentage of plays that should be made as hits or FC instead of errors it allows an excuse for developers to fall back on when we say fielding sucks. Also makes for more hits scored which gives them another out. It has actually been that way last couple years. it isnt right, but it is what it is. I have even had games where a play was scored an error but when you go back and look after the game at the line score the error is gone.

This is my first year playing DD. I thank you for the in-depth feedback. That actually made me feel better. Makes sense. I was just letting off steam. Losing sucks but especially so when it’s your own fault

SDS

@lazy_toast said in LMAO Fielders choice?!?!?!?:

This is my first year playing DD. I thank you for the in-depth feedback. That actually made me feel better. Makes sense. I was just letting off steam. Losing sucks but especially so when it’s your own fault

I know the feeling. but I would feel better about that then if my diamond fielder booted the ball and he reached.

SDS

I know the feeling. but I would feel better about that then if my diamond fielder booted the ball and he reached.

Oh absolutely

SDS

Just lost an event game in a horrible fashion. I suck. Bottom of the third I’m up 4-1 and he gets a couple of hits to get to 4-2 and has one out. He has man on and Correa comes up. He grounds to Finest Machado who’s throw takes the first baseman off the bag and Correa safe. I don’t have to tell you Jr hit a 3 run bomb next. What i did find interesting is the game log says the play was “Fielders Choice” and not an error. He never advanced his runner so not sure why it says that. Unless the tinfoil wanted me to lose this one. Sorry so long I’m just sad 😞

Switch to button accuracy, you’ll never have a bad throw again once you get used to it. It took me a few bad throws to get used to it