Mookie

SDS

How are you guys doing with his card? I'm thinking about purchasing. Replacing Stanton in right field.

SDS

@thinkbluedgr said in Mookie:

How are you guys doing with his card? I'm thinking about purchasing. Replacing Stanton in right field.

He's the perfect 2nd baseman.

SDS

I’ve used him primarily at second and I like him a lot. I think there are lots of good options for the outfield but if you are comparing Mookie to Stanton I’d take Mookie without a doubt.

SDS

Great swing and has been good for me even against lefties. And the defense is perfect

SDS

He slides into center very well on my Red Sox team build. Johnny Damon and Jackie aren't as good, and Rickey didn't spend enough time.

SDS

I had been using Seager at 2nd a he is really good. I like mookies swing a little more and still seems to have some against lefties too.

SDS

@Cpm032987 said in Mookie:

I had been using Seager at 2nd a he is really good. I like mookies swing a little more and still seems to have some against lefties too.

Put Mookie in there and Seager will become a bench bat for you. He is too slow and there are balls that he wouldn’t get to but Mookie will

SDS

Bought for 83k. Now at 115k. wow. whats up with this market? not enough cards to go around?

SDS

@thinkbluedgr said in Mookie:

Bought for 83k. Now at 115k. wow. whats up with this market? not enough cards to go around?

I think people built the sets and sold off right away. Now they want them back and there is excess stubs in the market driving prices up. I mean there is no other way to get them other than buying or doing the set and you can only do the set once. I've been having too much fun using them all so I locked them into the set. Still cant decide on my lineup and who I'm going to carry on the bench.

SDS

He's the best 2nd baseman in the game. And if the throw a lefty, just sub him out for mondesi or jram

SDS

I've been using Mookie at second and he's been great. Even though it feels a little weird playing him there since I don't ever remember him actually playing 2B in real life, he's probably the best 2B defensively I've used all year. I've had a handful of guys with good D at that position but I think Mookie is the best I've used. Started off really hot with him at the plate too but have cooled off a little since. His stats against righties are great obviously and he hits better against lefties than his stats indicate. He does have a good swing and those quirks I think have him play above his stats.