Custom league review

SDS

So ..what is eveyones thoughts and opinions on custom league so far?

SDS

No one??

SDS

Not a single one?

SDS

I'm enjoying ours Squishie

SDS

Leaves a lot to be desired. Glad it’s back in some form...sadly it’s just a shell of what it was.

SDS

@SelahsDaddy1974 said in Custom league review:

I'm enjoying ours Squishie

Until you lost and deleted it

SDS

On one hand, it's great to be able to have an organized league format to play online games against other users, but there are many basic aspects of a league that are lacking.

• There is no ability to set lineups vs LHP and vs RHP, so we're stuck setting a vs RHP lineup and then having to manually edit the lineup if and when we know we're facing a LHP

• There are no standings or league leader pages within the stats menu. I know you can sort the Team Stats by Wins, but it's still not done in a very organized fashion. Missing out on a league leaders page is highly disappointing as there's no easy way to have a look at who would be the MVP or Cy Young candidates.

• If you are trying to have a league against computer teams, there is no way to ever play on the road. And even against humans, home/road matchups have to be coordinated through who sends the challenge.

• The player pages are essentially ripped from Diamond Dynasty as when you hit triangle on a player, you get their typical DD looking window with marketplace and location information but cannot see their stats for the league.

• You aren't able to use two-way players (Ohtani) in your lineups screen, and you aren't able to use any extra starters in the bullpen.

• You aren't able to use a custom roster to start the league. If you could use custom rosters, dedicated leagues could have an offline offseason to include free agency and player progression/regression and then edit rosters and start a new season with an updated roster set.

Custom leagues is a step in the right direction in that it allows the opportunity to play an organized league with other users, including a postseason tournament. But it ends there and there are a lot of very valuable features missing or broken. Adding or fixing a number of the features I mentioned above would make for considerable upgrades. Hopefully they're able to take this version of custom leagues and add to it with the move to next gen consoles.

SDS

edited above post with a couple extra features

SDS

The lack of an accurate game schedule with rest days kills pitchers stamina levels. We are left to shuttle pitchers who aren’t MLB ready into our bullpens. This is a glaring issue especially in the playoffs. I swept my opponent in what should have been the NLCS (but there are no divisions or American or National League), World Series starts and my entire staff is tired. And I had to start my #5 starter in game 1. Makes no sense and needs to be addressed.