Problems at 2B

SDS

I'm playing a second baseman in RTTS, and I have a few things I've noticed that are irritant enough to warrant fixing.

1. Just like last year, my player doesn't seem to understand where to play in a shift. Everyone else moves and is in position while I'm standing where I would for any other fielding play.

2. Whenever an opponent attempts a steal and my character is asked to cover second, he runs halfway and then just gives up. Super irritating because when I play shortstop, it hasn't happened at all.

SDS

Agreed with the defensive shifting! My guy is a shortstop and there’s 50% of the field to hit into when we shift do an extreme lefty shift. I move my player over as much as possible when I identify this but he still ends up maybe 15-20 feet away from the 3B lol and there’s no chance to make the play.

SDS

This definitely needs to be escalated to the higher programming authority. This problem has plagued the game for years and nothing has been done about it. I wonder why it has not been addressed considering road to the show is their most popular mode. Maybe try reporting it as a bug with video and screen shots?

SDS

@Ret_Shep said in Problems at 2B:

I'm playing a second baseman in RTTS, and I have a few things I've noticed that are irritant enough to warrant fixing.

1. Whenever an opponent attempts a steal and my character is asked to cover second, he runs halfway and then just gives up. Super irritating because when I play shortstop, it hasn't happened at all.

I've also noticed that the runner stealing notification icon on 2nd base is delayed as well as my ability to begin moving.

A's a second baseman, I've yet to get to the base on time for a steal attempt.
It's annoying as hell.

SDS

@jada855 said in Problems at 2B:

This definitely needs to be escalated to the higher programming authority. This problem has plagued the game for years and nothing has been done about it. I wonder why it has not been addressed considering road to the show is their most popular mode. Maybe try reporting it as a bug with video and screen shots?

Something like this?

MLB The Show 19 RTTS infield shift problem
https://youtu.be/0pZZabB5bPU

Hopefully many others have been submitting bug reports when it happens. As you said, that’s the way to go.