After several failed attempts at the 1st Inning Showdown, a few things I noticed and how I FINALLY beat it.
- Don't try to blow through it. Take your time, one or two missions at a time, relax then go back to it.
- Draft SLUGGERS because most missions are offense heavy and you do very little pitching. Don't waste drafts on Gold and Diamond pitchers.
- When completing each mission, and the game brings you directly to the next draft round, escape the draft and review the mission so you know what you need to better your chance of success.
- Todd Helton I always drafted but for some reason couldn't hit with him. Anyone else feel the same? More on Helton later...
- The missions do change for the most part every time you restart another showdown attempt and the value of how many points towards the final scoreboard change. This one I just finished I could have gone into the final showdown tied 15-15 but I failed 2...
6.. Going into the final showdown down 11-15, not only did the Difficulty change to ALL STAR but also I had ONLY 15 outs to come up with 5 runs.
- Down to 10 outs, I finally started figuring Oswalt out. With men on 2nd and 3rd, my pitcher was up to bat. By this point, Todd Helton was on my bench; Donaldson was my 1st baseman by this point. Even though I had trouble hitting with Helton, he was the best bat on my bench. What happens? 1st pitch I get a 94 mph meatball down the middle and hit a NO DOUBT 3-HR BOMB!!! Hell of a time to get my first hit with Helton!!
A few singles and doubles later and a Sac Fly by Donaldson and I had FINALLY DONE IT!
Showdown was stressful I will say. I'm curious when the 1st Program is over how many stars I'll have and see if Showdown was or wasn't necessary to get to 300 minimum.