...but this game has so many problems. For me, it’s almost unenjoyable.
- HoF is bad
- Legend is atrocious
- PCI is way too small on higher difficulties
- Hitting feedback is inconsistent (e.g., my most recent game, my opponent’s Pearson threw Trout a fastball on the outer third of the plate; I stayed back on it and centred my PCI up just about perfectly = Good/Okay, 92 exit velocity, groundout)
- Ball feels dead off the bat even if it’s hit hard
- Good/Okay fly balls are more effective than Perfect/Perfect grounders
- High sinkers are broken and appear way faster than their actual velocity
- Knuckleballs... well you know
- Good input rarely results in the ball being thrown where it was placed
- Borderline pitches are rarely called strikes
- Pitchers with slower fastballs are ineffective
- Opponents are allowed to check swing too often when their timing is Too Early or Very Early (in my opinion, if you’re that badly fooled, it should be a swing no matter what)
- Stamina regeneration is broken — you only need three starters; the way players use their fourth and fifth pitchers is unrealistic (e.g., I’ll be losing by a couple runs in the fourth inning and my opponent will bring in a starter to relieve his current starter)
- Infielders take bad routes to balls which leads to a lot of undeserved infield singles
- Corner outfielders jog to balls down the line which allows the base runner to take an extra bag
- Outfielders are slow rounding ground balls which allows the base runner to take an extra bag
- Lining up perfectly with the blue line doesn’t always make the outfielder run up on the ball; sometimes they just lazily camp under it instead
Sad part is, these flaws are probably just barely scratching the surface.
Edit: I’d be fine with the pitching and fielding issues if the hitting engine wasn’t in such rough shape. That’s what really kills the game for me.