Going for CS in RS19, any tips?

Just wanting to add the final two trophies before I lock the door to the trophy case in The Show 19, and it’s the make Championship Series in Ranked Seasons that’s I have left.

Are there any tips for somebody who has played three ranked seasons games in my life for a L-W-W record sitting at a 133 rating?

All I’m interested in is getting to the 800 as quickly as possible, cards mean nothing to me.

Looking for ways I can speed up that progression.

Many thanks

Good luck ur gonna need it

@satch450 said in Going for CS in RS19, any tips?:

Good luck ur gonna need it

Thanks, any tips as to why? Sounds like an uphill run.

You could boost for it too.

Also does anybody know why the hitting camera can’t be changed to fish eye and why the baserunning and fielding controls keep changing to default and button? I keep having to change them in-game.

@Ikasnu said in Going for CS in RS19, any tips?:

What does that mean? Sorry I’m new to ranked seasons and rarely do anything DD related.

Up to 258 now... a couple of quits after I score and a mercy rule. Assuming that happens less as I progress?

Should be fairly easy until you get to 700 and above.

Just score as many runs as you can. 400-600 you’re going to need to put up some runs. Will be hard to get people out. In the 700s pitching will be much easier, but you’ll have to be able to hit on HOF.

Good luck!!

@allmustfall16 said in Going for CS in RS19, any tips?:

Should be fairly easy until you get to 700 and above.

Just score as many runs as you can. 400-600 you’re going to need to put up some runs. Will be hard to get people out. In the 700s pitching will be much easier, but you’ll have to be able to hit on HOF.

Good luck!!

Thank you for the tips. I’m looking forward to 700 then! Do I get more rating points for a game if I score more runs in it?

Also is there any way to increase the minimum rating when the game is searching for an opponent? Last game my opponent quit after I went up 4-1 in the 5th but they were only a rating 60 and all I got was 24 points.

So I’m now up to 282. What factors determine the rating earned in a game?

@Ikasnu said in Going for CS in RS19, any tips?:

I think I just found what boost means, how would that work? Is there a place where boosters meet with their victims?

Question, do you lose rating points if you lose to a lower ranked player, but not lose rating points if you lose to a higher ranked player?

@Red_Ted_is_back said in Going for CS in RS19, any tips?:

Question, do you lose rating points if you lose to a lower ranked player, but not lose rating points if you lose to a higher ranked player?

I think its based on the rating points between you, but generally it's just less points lost if they are higher ranked.

@JEEZY-E said in Going for CS in RS19, any tips?:

@Red_Ted_is_back said in Going for CS in RS19, any tips?:

I think its based on the rating points between you, but generally it's just less points lost if they are higher ranked.

Thanks, I had a 0 gain on a mercy rule where I got hammered and it got me wondering why I didn’t lose points.

You don’t lose points until you’re at 397, even if you lose. Lower divisions up to about 500 you’ll find a lot of impatient hitters who swing at everything and can’t hit well, so just exploit them and make your way to 600, where you’ll meet slightly better competition. Once you are into DS (700+) and are playing other players also at 700+ (if your opponent is below 700 you’ll continue to play on all star difficulty) you’ll want to focus on velocity pitchers with a good speed differential on the offspeed, as hitting becomes somewhat challenging to say the least and you can rely on your pitching to get you through in a lot of cases.