Hitting doesn’t even follow basic physics

If I get squared up perfect perfect or even good for some batters the balls exit velocity should not be less than the pitch velocity. If I square up 98 mph fastball with Arenado it should go at least 105-110 off the bat cause that’s how physics work. Shouldn’t hit 98 mph fastball 95 mph exit velocity if it’s squared up.

Actually I was researching when 19 was having that issue. If a ball is contacted squarely off a bat it should come of the gate 5-10 miles per hour faster then pitched. So a 98 mph fastball squared up should get a velocity of 103-108. But not in this game

speaking of odd physics...I have been out in front of pitches or early and they go opposite field.

@Maverick31762 said in Hitting doesn’t even follow basic physics:

speaking of odd physics...I have been out in front of pitches or early and they go opposite field.

Hit an outside pitch I was on into right with a righty

Well, it's definitely not true that it's impossible. I guarantee you that if a 12 year old contacts a 100 mph fastball on the barrel, he's not hitting the ball 108 mph and going yard at Wrigley. A couple things to consider:

1. The ball is not moving 98 MPH when it strikes the bat - it's moving about 91. That matters a lot.
  2. The mass and speed of the bat matter too - and no two players are created equal.

That being said, it's still a bit broken because Nolan Arenado probably last failed to reach 100 MPH exit on a squared up ball when he was in HS.