Just something I noticed

Steve Bedrosian is a new legend, so I took a quick peek at his ratings. A 105 K/9 and that season he struck out 123in 137 2/3 innings. How does that equal a 105 K/9? To compare, I took a look at today's Robb Nen. He has a 113 K/9. IN that season, he had 92 Ks in 66 inning. OK then. Just make it up as you go along. The only thing I can think to justify is Ks were harder to get back in Bedrosian's year (I think). Who knows anymore?

I think they just make s**t up anymore.

It is adjusted by what era they played in. I think, just like that give older pitchers higher speed then they actually threw.

Wait until Ozzie Smith has 65 power again

I did happen to look at Wade Boggs' stats for that season. He had 5 homers. One crazy thing (not Show-related), Boggs only had two seasons in which he hit double-figure home runs. That's just crazy to think about these days. Different eras, for sure. He once was fourth in the MVP voting in a year he hit 8 homers. He had a league-leading OPS one year with 5 homers (and league-leading 45 doubles).

Boggs was a totally different style of ball player that you just don't see these days. He had many seasons with 500+ AB and only struck out 30 or 40 times.

@theCRIMSON_4_2_0 said in Just something I noticed:

Boggs was a totally different style of ball player that you just don't see these days. He had many seasons with 500+ AB and only struck out 30 or 40 times.

Yeah, I wasn't critiquing anything. Just noting how crazy those numbers seem these days. Boggs was still a great player (routinely led league in hitting and was often top-10 in MVP voting. Different era, different player. Just interesting to see the numbers in front of you.

So I just pulled the LS Sixto Sanchez for a showdown run and he doesn’t have a sinker. Yet, his prospect card has an overpowered sinker. So, does he throw a sinker or are they, in some way, projecting he will develop one? His LS has a two-seamer instead (I know, they are very similar)