Either Gerrit Cole is useless in this game or my opponent was a gawd!

I just played the most frustrating game of RS yet! My opponent was only about 2 or 3 games over .500 and only rank early bronze. I know that doesn't mean everything but my team is stacked, and his..... well not so much.

Everything I put near the pci was pop up after pop up. I was going against gold don sutton. This dude had 25 hits to my 7. At least half of those were either out of the strike zone or very late swings. Yet everything fell over my infield. His pitcher even hit a double.

Mets silver rosario: 4 for 6
silver urshela: 3 for 5
silver veteran murray: 2 for 5
silver jean segura: 4 for 5
hell, sutton was 1 for 3 with a double

There is no way these silvers should be lighting up one of the highest pitchers the entire game.

I know, I know, get gud. But this isn't all about that. I can not get passed wild card to save my life. I'm 18-8 in RS for what it's worth so I'm not total trash but games like this make me not even want to turn this on anymore. Dude's record was about 16-13 and somehow his silvers were destroying Cole like he was 45 overall. [censored] makes no sense.

He just doesnt have the "meta" to be successful in H2H action. Unless you are playing lesser players. He throws hard, but not hard enough and has no other pitches that are gonna fool people. No unrealistic high sinker, no devastating slider, no cutter that has crazy last second movement. Cards like that will never be all that successful in this game. Its a video game first and foremost were people take advantage of things that work, not a simulation to real life baseball.

Gerrit Cole is legit terrible in this game.

Only LS pitchers I mess with are DeGrom, Scherzer, and Sale. And Degrom is the only one I trust.

Yeah I hear you guys, but even against silver cards? I almost feel foolish now for doing the AL East collection now. It seems the better the cards that I acquire then the worse I play.

@Warpedzilla said in Either Gerrit Cole is useless in this game or my opponent was a gawd!:

Yeah I hear you guys, but even against silver cards? I almost feel foolish now for doing the AL East collection now. It seems the better the cards that I acquire then the worse I play.

Doesnt matter the gem color of the card. Some of the best hitting cards are usually silver. Silver includes base running, fielding and hitting. If only their hitting is good they probably wont be higher than silver. But will still rake.

I find Cole pretty easy to hit. Even his finest last year, which was jacked on paper

Cole is legit trashbag. He hangs every pitch, even his fastball somehow

I’ve done pretty well with him. He’s not lights out by any means but he can usually get me a decent 5-6 innings.

@allmustfall16 said in Either Gerrit Cole is useless in this game or my opponent was a gawd!:

Gerrit Cole is legit terrible in this game.

Only LS pitchers I mess with are DeGrom, Scherzer, and Sale. And Degrom is the only one I trust.

I don't trust any pitchers in this game.

I love facing Cole. Basic pitches that are easy to read and hit.

@ChuckCLC said in Either Gerrit Cole is useless in this game or my opponent was a gawd!:

He just doesnt have the "meta" to be successful in H2H action. Unless you are playing lesser players. He throws hard, but not hard enough and has no other pitches that are gonna fool people. No unrealistic high sinker, no devastating slider, no cutter that has crazy last second movement. Cards like that will never be all that successful in this game. Its a video game first and foremost were people take advantage of things that work, not a simulation to real life baseball.

I agree with everything you just said. My only gripe with SDS on this is that Cole should play like a top player in the game. The same way Trout should play like the top player. Trust me I’m not a Yankees or Cole fan but he has been one of the best players in baseball the last few years. Why would a prospect card like Sixto Sanchez be harder to hit than Cole? That’s insanity