Mets fans

SDS

Can any of you confirm that Micheal Conforto is indeed the face of your franchise? lol I just have never seen him as the face of the Met's.

SDS

No. It should have been Alonso deGrom McNeil prob was best choice for this program... he is prob #4 but someone I love

SDS

Why call us out like that man. What about buxton, matt Olson, or Carlos Santana (who literally wasn’t on the team like a year ago).

The decision for Conforto makes sense, since he’s been there longer than anyone else who would have an 87 overall peak card.

SDS

@TubaTim90 said in Mets fans:

Why call us out like that man. What about buxton, matt Olson, or Carlos Santana (who literally wasn’t on the team like a year ago).

The decision for Conforto makes sense, since he’s been there longer than anyone else who would have an 87 overall peak card.

No one is calling you out, it was a simple question, that was meant to start a conversation, no need for hostility and none was intended.

SDS

No hes not. Just like Ohtani isn't for the Angels and many others. I wish some teams players were different but I get why they did it this way.

SDS

I mean yes, Lindor is probably the “face of the franchise” but Santana was in Cleveland for 7 years and only left for one year before he came back... he’s pretty close to the face of the Indians franchise

SDS

@JEEZY-E said in Mets fans:

Can any of you confirm that Micheal Conforto is indeed the face of your franchise? lol I just have never seen him as the face of the Met's.

Kinda. Obviously, deGrom or Alonso would be a better choice for it but they already have diamond cards. Conforto makes sense in that context because the only other offensive player that you could consider is Rosario. McNeil has only played 1 full season. Cespedes would be an awesome one but, wild boars. For other pitchers, only Syndergaard, Matz, and maybe Familia could be considered. I don’t mind Conforto as the choice, he was a first round pick and came up very soon after he was drafted. Homegrown impact player.

SDS

@janoosh said in Mets fans:

Kinda. Obviously, deGrom or Alonso would be a better choice for it but they already have diamond cards. Conforto makes sense in that context because the only other offensive player that you could consider is Rosario. McNeil has only played 1 full season. Cespedes would be an awesome one but, wild boars. For other pitchers, only Syndergaard, Matz, and maybe Familia could be considered. I don’t mind Conforto as the choice, he was a first round pick and came up very soon after he was drafted. Homegrown impact player.

They picked conforto cause he’s been there the longest in my eyes and never had a diamond card.

SDS

No one is calling you out, it was a simple question, that was meant to start a conversation, no need for hostility and none was intended.

Dang dude. Sarcasm is totally lost on you, huh?

SDS

If they gave it to Familia, I would quick sell him as fast as possible (I know its not a option). He doesn't deserve to a) be on the team b) be in baseball.

SDS

Dang dude. Sarcasm is totally lost on you, huh?

naw, just hard to tell on this forum lately, its kinda become a hostile and tense place lol.

SDS

I'm thinking, the more obvious choices are going to be a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th stage reward. Whether or not they're called FOTF is up in the air.

SDS

@GixxerRyder750 said in Mets fans:

I'm thinking, the more obvious choices are going to be a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th stage reward. Whether or not they're called FOTF is up in the air.

Exactly, for the brewers they’re definitely going to have a hiura or woodruff, and I think this is what might lead into the finest program?

SDS

@jhack9 said in Mets fans:

If they gave it to Familia, I would quick sell him as fast as possible (I know its not a option). He doesn't deserve to a) be on the team b) be in baseball.

I’m willing to give him a pass on last year given what he did in setup and as the closer, save October. But he needs to get after it this year otherwise I’m done.

SDS

I'm pretty sure the devs explained in one of the pre-launch streams that they didn't want to make a player a FOTF that already has a live series diamond card, for the sake of variety.

SDS

A FOTF Syndergaard would’ve been nasty.

SDS

@jhack9 said in Mets fans:

I’m willing to give him a pass on last year given what he did in setup and as the closer, save October. But he needs to get after it this year otherwise I’m done.

I'm mainly referring to his off field activities. Hes not a decent human being in my opinion. Plus hes a terrible pitcher. Had what two good seasons.