Pitcher matchup in Play vs CPU

SDS

I thought the CPU always starts the same numbered starter you start?

Like if I star my #1 starter, they'll start their #1 starter.

If so, why when I play the Nats in AS level, and I start my #2 starter, they play Corbin. Shouldn't it be Strasburg?

SDS

I think it’s only like that in conquest.

play vs. CPU is definitely random.

SDS

@Psycho__Kinetic said in Pitcher matchup in Play vs CPU:

If so, why when I play the Nats in AS level, and I start my #2 starter, they play Corbin. Shouldn't it be Strasburg?

I started my #5 and got Corbin so yeah it’s random. Not gonna lie Corbin was hard for me to hit against but I ended up winning 5-2.

SDS

@DriveByTrucker17 said in Pitcher matchup in Play vs CPU:

I don't know what's going on with your install, but I just tried starting Play vs. CPU games vs. the Nationals to see the pitching matchup and then dashboarding seven times, trying all five of my starters along the way. The Nationals' starter matched my starter every single time. If it were random, the chances of that happening are 1 in 78,125.

SDS

@omegaminus_sk said in Pitcher matchup in Play vs CPU:

@DriveByTrucker17 said in Pitcher matchup in Play vs CPU:

I don't know what's going on with your install, but I just tried starting Play vs. CPU games vs. the Nationals to see the pitching matchup and then dashboarding seven times, trying all five of my starters along the way. The Nationals' starter matched my starter every single time. If it were random, the chances of that happening are 1 in 78,125.

Well, when I played the Nationals on All-Star for the POTM Zimmerman, my rotation was 4 diamonds and a gold.

I used the gold pitcher, and the nationals had Scherzer.

SDS

Yeah, I started my number 5 and still got Scherzer.

SDS

Sorry nvm

SDS

I started my number 4 vs Nats on AS and Nats started Anibal Sanchez

SDS

Remember it doesnt matter where you put your starters in the rotation. it will go by their rating. If you have a 99 and put him in the 4th spot he will be the Number 1 if there are no more 99's. Doesnt matter where you put him.

SDS

I think it's based on the rating of the card, not necessarily who is slotted in that spot of the rotation. Like even if your highest rated pitcher is in your 5 spot in the rotation, you'll still face the other team's highest rated pitcher (their #1).

SDS

I think it's based on the rating of the card, not necessarily who is slotted in that spot of the rotation. Like even if your highest rated pitcher is in your 5 spot in the rotation, you'll still face the other team's highest rated pitcher (their #1).

I'm pretty sure it's always been like that. When you select your starter before a game, they're in the order of overall rating.

SDS

It's just a glitch that happens some times. I made a post about his before. I had to restart the app and everything was back to normal. Not sure what was causing it.