Feel Like an Idiot

SDS

So I’ve been playing on TV for a couple years, never realizing I didn’t have it in Game Mode. So a couple months ago I switched over to what I thought was Game Mode. Still late on everything and feeling like there is no difference.

Fast forward to last night, I go into settings and see I turned the picture to Game Mode and not the actual system.

Now that I am finally on Game Mode the difference is night and day. I am early on 100mph pitches up and in, I NEVER caught up to those before.

For those saying it’s just a small difference and not really needed, sometimes a small difference can make a world of difference. Went 3-0 in ranked afterwards. I feel much more confident now in this game. Pitching timing is off since I use meter, but I’ll figure that out in due time.

SDS

Can you elaborate on the difference between the picture game mode and system game mode? Im on a monitor so it doesnt really matter for me. just seems strange ?

SDS

The PS4 has its own game mode. TV's have their own game mode. it basically tunes your tv as close to a gaming monitor as possible

SDS

My TV is an older Vizio, probably 5-6 years old at least. In the display settings it has a Game Mode section, this changes the picture only. It also had a Bright, Deep, Normal, and a couple of other options for visual display.

When I changed that I thought I had switched the system itself to Game Mode, but alas, I had not.

Basically the game visually was crisper than it had been, but not running any differently.

SDS

@ItsFroggyBaby said in Feel Like an Idiot:

The PS4 has its own game mode. TV's have their own game mode. it basically tunes your tv as close to a gaming monitor as possible

Are you talking about the settings in The Show where you set it to smooth, fast or ... whatever the other one was ?

SDS

Yeah thats what i meant... but i never notice that doing anything but game mode on my samsung makes it feel as close to a monitor as it can get.

SDS

@ItsFroggyBaby try renaming your HDMI input to PC.. it’s “tools” on your tv remote. Graphics take a slight hit but reduces even more ms. Game mode will still be on also

SDS

@CEZdominatesAD read the link above ^

SDS

@bonion thanks bro. Appreciate it

SDS

So how would one go about changing this setting on their PS4?

SDS

I played for years with the game looking brown, found game mode and only managed to get a lighter shade of brown, said BLEEP THIS & got a new tv.

Its smaller but its not brown.

SDS

@Doppelganger39 said in Feel Like an Idiot:

I played for years with the game looking brown, found game mode and only managed to get a lighter shade of brown, said BLEEP THIS & got a new tv.

Its smaller but its not brown.

🤣 This lil half a second rant is underrated. Couple of short sentences speak a thousand words..Its either that or this GodfatherOG distallate!

SDS

@MathMan5072 check the link on this thread